300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Poor" people with expensive taste...

This honest to God happened to me today...

I was driving adjacent to a Housing project when I was flagged down by a distraught, haggard looking female. As I put down my window she frantically asked me if anyone reported finding a pair of sunglasses, before I could respond she said they were "$700 Gucci sunglasses" I replied that I had no no knowledge about her glasses but "would keep an eye out".

Now granted she could have been full of crap but I can remember responding to calls at welfare recepient homes in the past and being greeted by the sight of their 54" TV in the room.

Surely I am not the only cop who has experienced this.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Originally posted by BrickCop
    This honest to God happened to me today...

I was driving adjacent to a Housing project when I was flagged down by a distraught, haggard looking female. As I put down my window she frantically asked me if anyone reported finding a pair of sunglasses, before I could respond she said they were "$700 Gucci sunglasses" I replied that I had no no knowledge about her glasses but "would keep an eye out".

Now granted she could have been full of crap but I can remember responding to calls at welfare recepient homes in the past and being greeted by the sight of their 54" TV in the room.

this isnt anything new. at times i'll drive by the pork and bean projects and the parking lot looks like a luxury car dealership. dope dealing is a cash business. as far as the government is concerned, these people are poverty stricken. maybe half of the residents are truly destitute but they dont own cars. the other half are the ones with the tahoe's and escalades with the 20 inch "dubs." typical "ghetto sleds."
    "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
    William Shatner

Comment

big time underground economy in that neck of the woods

and these social do gooder's.....can't see it.

tyrone and rufus with their hand to hand sales.....

the eought to start raising the rent on that sect 8, the part they

pay
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

GHETTO RICH

I stopped a woman in the ****ty-city and she had a brand new Nissan 350Z, registered to an address in a complex worth less than her ride.
        Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

That
          Kelly

We are the thin blue line
          between you
          and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

We, the taxpayers, also pick up the tab for their rent and food. So what else to they have to spend money on other than 'bling'?
            Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Don't forget that according to "equal lending" legislation it is unlawful for a lender to base the decision on wether or not to grant credit because the applicant receives government assistance.

It's all unpaid credit or drug money.

Comment

I see the 60" TV's in Section 8 housing almost daily. We also locked up a female driving a $40,000 BMW for possession, and had to listen to her cry about how she didn't have money to get out of city jail! Amazing

Comment

****, if I only paid $100/mo for my house and someone else fed my family I could afford something besides my 78 Jeep and POS subaru.
                  "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

"Just tell me what I owe a month....."

Comment

It just reinforces what most citizens find more important to them.....material possessions.

TGY
                      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

It does get kind of aggravating to walk in that trailer that smells like cat $hit and see that they have a huge plasma screen TV... While I look forward to going home and watching my smaller one....
                        Retired 02/01/13

Comment

I love seeing young hip-hop wanna-bes wearing 2 grand worth of clothing and taken the bus home alone after we shut the party down!

$100 in clothes and $2000 car = Sex
                          $2000 in clothes and a $100 monthly bus pass = Many lonely nights

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop

Come on now, you know that this is the rent-to-own stuff.

I know you've been on a "burglary" where they report this stuff "stolen."

"Wow sir this is amazing."

"What's that officer?"

"The burglars only took the Rent-a-Center stuff and nothing else. Must be a coincidence huh?"

"Uhhh yes sir."
                            Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

This is so funny.....

I was talking to a WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Case worker in San Diego. I asked her about the "poor" people I see coming and going to and from the office. More specifically, the Navigators, Escalades, BMW's (even though it is the "cheap" 300 Series) and other rides that are out of my price range. She told me it was Dept. policy that they were not to ask anyone about their vehicle. She said the logic behind it is that they might have "borrowed" it.
                              If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an *** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6691 users online. 363 members and 6328 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X