Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you site a security officer for speeding?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you site a security officer for speeding?

would you give a security officer /commisioned armed gaurd a citation for speeding in marked car? or would you show professional courtesy?before you answer put you self in his shoes. how would you feel if you were in the hot seat.what would you want the security officer to do to you????????????
    Last edited by sgtjtaylor; 07-03-2005, 04:01 PM.
    "DROP IT" .........lights out! crook cooked!

For a "Sergeant", you don't spell too good.
    Last edited by aavixtech; 06-28-2005, 08:59 PM.

Comment

are you trying to start a fight? the vast majority of officers would cite a security officer, whether in a "marked" security car or not (whatever the hell that means). I pulled one over the other day that had red/blue lights in his car That was very upsetting, to say the least. And gave me an attitude!

-I truly hope this thread ends here btw, but its a free country i guess-
      Last edited by ufresdave; 06-28-2005, 09:02 PM.
      press hard-5 copies

Comment

this topics been beat to death in the past. Use the search function at the top of the page to find more information on what you're looking for.
        Still leading the team in PIMs, the fans are calling me a goon.
        --------------------
        This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

Comment

I was working for an alarm response security guard company in Miami when a fellow "guard" called for help but MPD said they would get someone there as soon as possible. Miami is a very busy PD with alot of responsibility and low pay so I hold no grudge with them. I was clocked at 96 by FHP, and let go. The FHP Trooper put himself in my shoes...........
          After the pin is pulled, Mr. Hand Grenade is no longer your friend.

"Shut the door I'm tryin to poop!" - Larry the Cable Guy

(\__/)
          (O.o )
          (> < )

Comment

Originally posted by aavixtech
            For a "Sergeant", you don't spell too good.
            He doesn't spell very well. Your grammar isn't too good.
            Sorry. Just in a ball busting mood.
            sigpic
            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Of course I would cite a security guard, why not?
              Retired

Comment

In our local area there are no armed response guards/units. Most of the security guards I have dealt with have been unarmed.
                Ohio law precludes anyone but a police departments i.e State patrol, City Police, or County Sheriff from using red and blue lights on a cruiser. Marked or un-marked.

The local alarm companies call the PD's and S.Os for their Armed Response. Locally, Security is more a fire watch than anything else.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by FDoom
                  In our local area there are no armed response guards/units. Most of the security guards I have dealt with have been unarmed.
                  Ohio law precludes anyone but a police departments i.e State patrol, City Police, or County Sheriff from using red and blue lights on a cruiser. Marked or un-marked.

The local alarm companies call the PD's and S.Os for their Armed Response. Locally, Security is more a fire watch than anything else.
                  Yeah, what the hell is an "armed response guard." Sounds like a personal mercenary. The only reason the securty officers have the amber lights is for physical presence. To draw attention to the fact that there is someone patrolling a property. If they want to escalate the force any more than that they need to call 911.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSix5
                    this topics been beat to death in the past. Use the search function at the top of the page to find more information on what you're looking for.
                    Ditto.....please don't open this can of worms again. I don't have the strength.

Comment

Originally posted by DUI_eliminator
                      I had a run in with a Nordic Security guy where I live in California over a parking problem and I asked the guy for a break and did not get one.....so as for citing a security guy you bet I would....remember they are the guys that want to be cops but can't because their backgrounds are jacked up or they can't get through the process.
                      The guy who runs that company used to be some kind of cop, and his security staff are generally uncooperative. I'd cite those ******bags anytime I got the chance.
                      Officer, I borrowed these pants!

Comment

Professional courtesy, say what, a security guard isn't in my profession, out comes the ticket book!
                        "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne The Shootist

"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday, does not know what it is today"
                        General Robert E. Lee, at Appomattox, Va

Comment

"What would you want the security officer to do to you????????????"

What do you mean, nothing he can do to me... except call the police....
                          Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                            Of course I would cite a security guard, why not?

you can't cause your retired
                            "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

I treat security guards the same as I treat any other non-police citizen. If they're respectful and don't give me a hard time, they get a warning. If they want to argue with me, I give them the chance to argue their case before a magistrate, and give them a $$$ ticket.
                              Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6463 users online. 351 members and 6112 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X