Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police K9

Greetings to all. I'm new here.

I've recently been selected to be a K9 handler. I don't have any experiance with K9's or any information. Does anyone know of a web site or anywhere that I can look up information such as case law, trainings, and so forth?

I'll be going to a K9 academy here soon, but its always nice to have a library of information. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Tolleson187

Try k9fleck.org
    In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

first off, congrats...

second off, relax. you'll be taught what you need to know by the K9 school and by your actual K9 training sessions....

if anything and if your state has POST, look up the training requirements, etc. for K9...
      ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
      -- John Wayne

Comment

Try North American Police Work Dog Association and United States Police Canine Association. Both are excellent resources.
        "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!'"

Comment

I'm jealous, that is my dream job!

Comment

Terry flecks site will have all the case law you need. I would read up on it. My site, www.dopedog.com has some info also. The associations are good, but they are similiar to sport, and objective. Stick to sources such as K9Fleck.org etc for your information.

Where are you going to get your dog and training? They sould cover everything with the dog. The case law is up to you to learn.

Remember if it is a new K9 program to educate your fellow officers about the K9. Your sucess depends on it.
            South Bloomfield Police Department
            K9 Unit

American Working Dog Council

Comment

Thank you for the information and resources.

This dog is a 2 year old German Sheperd, and has already had one handler who is no longer with our department. Right now is a bonding period and in a couple of months is when we will go to an academy. I'm excited, but again nervious. Almost feels like FTO again. Again, thank you for your help and information. Any more is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Tolleson187

Comment

Arizona Law Enforcement Canine Association

Check out this website, lots of good AZ K-9 info.
                1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Originally posted by tolleson187
                  Thank you for the information and resources.

This dog is a 2 year old German Sheperd, and has already had one handler who is no longer with our department. Right now is a bonding period and in a couple of months is when we will go to an academy. I'm excited, but again nervious. Almost feels like FTO again. Again, thank you for your help and information. Any more is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Tolleson187
                  If your talking about Chewy, that's not a dog, that's a hairball with legs.....j/k congrats......
                  There's no substitute for strength,
                  and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

My dept has an awsome K-9 unit and the guys are really into it. If you PM me, I'll be sure to have one of the guys contact you and give you all the infomation they have. Good luck in your new position brother!

Originally posted by tolleson187
                    Greetings to all. I'm new here.

I've recently been selected to be a K9 handler. I don't have any experiance with K9's or any information. Does anyone know of a web site or anywhere that I can look up information such as case law, trainings, and so forth?

I'll be going to a K9 academy here soon, but its always nice to have a library of information. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Tolleson187

Comment

nothing to see here
                      Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I would love to train or work with Police dogs, now I clean pens when they leave the vets. Even though I almost had my head taken off by my folks partly trained Police dog. They got him from an officer ,when I was younger.MOOSE!He was a big beautifull dog and we loved him.
                        I am thinking of getting a German Shepherd half lab.Then I can have the best of both worlds of my favorite type of dogs!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4064 users online. 211 members and 3853 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X