300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asthma

I would like to know, if there is any Officers out there that have Asthma? Also has it been a problem with you doing your job. Has your agency helped you with this problem or has your agency given you a problem because of you having Asthma?
    Zuko PlumItalic

Originally posted by Zuko
    I would like to know, if there is any Officers out there that have Asthma? Also has it been a problem with you doing your job. Has your agency helped you with this problem or has your agency given you a problem because of you having Asthma?
    Don't double post, I already answered this question in the other thread.
    "I only had a couple!"

Comment

I've got asthma, and it sucks during a fight, but I'll usually use my inhaler in the car enroute if I think we're going to the ground. I was diagnosed after becoming a cop.

Comment

If you can pass the physical test to get hired then it shouldn't be a problem.
        Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

I just finished a 20 year career as a Sergeant on a medium sized City P.D. and have had asthma since I was a kid. It only bothered me a couple of times, but luckily I had my inhaler with me when I needed it. I am now starting a second career as a University cop, and so far so good. Both Agencies knew I have asthma and had no problem with it as long as it can be controlled with medication. The trick is to keep your medication level adequate to control the condition.

DeltaCop
          "For those who fight for it, Life has a meaning that the sheltered will never know"

Unknown Marine
          Khe Sanh

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6053 users online. 323 members and 5730 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X