300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ????

Ok here goes, last night while working traffic I observe a vehicle speeding. Vehicle clocked on radar 44/30. I stop the vehcile and contact the driver, ask for D/L reg ins, go back to my car run a check everything is good. Write the driver a ticket for speeding. Ask the driver if he wants to plead guilty and pay ticket in 30 days or if he wants to see the judge. He says he will just pay the ticket. Well I check the option and he signs it. As I am about to go back to my car, he hands me his bussiness card and says if you are ever in West Texas and get in trouble give me a call, he is a LT. with a Police Department near Lubock, he then shows me his commision card. I felt like crap writting a cop a ticket.

Go ahead and critisize me. If he told me when I first stopped him he would have been on his way no questions asked.
    New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Give the guy credit for not flashing his badge. He's one of few that would do that. Should you wish to void the ticket is that possible in your area of the country?

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      Give the guy credit for not flashing his badge. He's one of few that would do that. Should you wish to void the ticket is that possible in your area of the country?
      Second that motion Bodie. I agree with the first part about giving him credit for not flashing the badge. I disagree with voiding the ticket...usually what I do if I find out later it was a cop, firefighter etc.....I would just tell him to come to court and testify to no evidence...he walks. Voiding tickets is always a sticky issue, even if it is allowed......needless to say if you apply elsewhere later on, it might come up "well how many did you actually void?"

I wouldn't feel like crap, you did your job....and quite frankly the Lt. knows you were doing your job...and he knew he was in the wrong (probably).

Comment

Class act on his part.

I will ID myself if I'm carrying and if I get a ticket- oh well. But otherwise I don't and if it results in a ticket- oh well. When I'm wrong, I go with the flow.

You did your job, don't fret. He obviously thought you were professional in your manner. That's a plus.

But, be careful in Texas from now on. (Just a joke!)
        "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

i wrote a cop from another agency. got her for speeding and did my stuff on the passenger side. she never showed me ID or anything. i even had to get her to speak up so i could get her info over all the passing traffic. wrote her up and saved it in the book. when i asked for her employer info for the ticket, she told me where she worked. i tried getting it voided saying i made a mistake, but my cheese wouldn't allow it. i sent her a letter saying i'd take a hit for her and not show up for court if she'd plead not guilty. she ended up taking defensive driving.

i look out for my peeps.

Comment

Originally posted by explorerscout83
            Ok here goes, last night while working traffic I observe a vehicle speeding. Vehicle clocked on radar 44/30. I stop the vehcile and contact the driver, ask for D/L reg ins, go back to my car run a check everything is good. Write the driver a ticket for speeding. Ask the driver if he wants to plead guilty and pay ticket in 30 days or if he wants to see the judge. He says he will just pay the ticket. Well I check the option and he signs it. As I am about to go back to my car, he hands me his bussiness card and says if you are ever in West Texas and get in trouble give me a call, he is a LT. with a Police Department near Lubock, he then shows me his commision card. I felt like crap writting a cop a ticket.

Go ahead and critisize me. If he told me when I first stopped him he would have been on his way no questions asked.
            Just a question out of curiosity. Your profile says you are not a sworn cop, but a correction officer. Do correction officers ride patrol and issue citations in New Mexico?

Forget it, I just read that you were hired March 1, 2005 by a PD in New Mexico.
            Last edited by retired; 06-25-2005, 12:41 AM.
            Retired

Comment

Sorry, can't relate. We can rip them up on the spot as quick as they were written.
              "Support Our Troops"

Comment

Here's my deal. I was stopped recently for speed 70 / 55. I did not flash a badge or show id just handed officer required paperwork and since I had viewed him running laser and saw him get back into his car I did pull over at once and turn on 4 ways etc. He didn't have to catch up and pull me over.

He was kind of curious why I pulled over so soon and I told him who I was and he simply as he would have done with anubody else once he had made up his mind gave a polite warning which is expected and left. I did not that day have weapon on person or in vehicle if I had he would have seen a badge instantly upon approach.

If he had decided to write a ticket I would not have become indignant or upset. He was right and I was wrong. This Lt was a class act and many rookies and a few old farts can learn from him.

We can void a ticket if we can show just cause before it gets turned in. We can also do as some suggested just tell the Lt to show up on the court date and if witness (officer) fails to show ask for dismissal and every judge I know will do just that.

Comment

That was a class move by the LT. Can't say I'd do it though. I will never shove a badge in someone's face but if I have to, I'll drop it on the floor..."Oops, excuse me while I pick up that shiney star looking thing down there". Don't want any tickets!!! If I get one after that, so be it.

Weapon/registration in the consol/glovebox make a great pair. Don't have to drop anything then.
                  sigpic
                  Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                  And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

If I was able to I would have just voided the ticket, but here that is not possible, if you void the ticket you had better show why you voided the ticket and then write a ticket the correct way. As far as my profile saying I am a Correctional officer I am trying to find out how to change it to say I am a sworn police officer, any one know how?
                    New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Comment

Originally posted by explorerscout83
                      If I was able to I would have just voided the ticket, but here that is not possible, if you void the ticket you had better show why you voided the ticket and then write a ticket the correct way. As far as my profile saying I am a Correctional officer I am trying to find out how to change it to say I am a sworn police officer, any one know how?
                      Sure, go to "edit profile" and make the changes.
                      Retired

Comment

Originally posted by TheMP5guy
                        Sorry, can't relate. We can rip them up on the spot as quick as they were written.
                        I agree. Its just you and the guy on the road that know you wrote that ticket.

I've done it in the past, and will do it again.

Comment

You could have just spilled coffee on say 5 maybe six tickets ............ and pitched them ??????????????????????????
                          Last edited by Bodie; 06-26-2005, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                            You could have just spilled copy on say 5 maybe six tickets ............ and pitched them ??????????????????????????

ha ha ha, if I was to do that I would be getting my butt chewed big time. The records clerk here is bad about getting tickets in when we are about to run out. Three of our officers went for about 3 weeks with out even having a ticket book in their cars.

What is copy bodie?????? I know smart @$$ rookies.

Comment

Meant Coffee Long day and Hot One Too.
                              I don't undersatnd about not getting tickets in by a clerk if the clerk can't supply tickets you need a new clerk.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4276 users online. 263 members and 4013 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X