This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Highway Patrol Tickets Cops

I am a police officer in California, but originally from New Jersey and I was given not only a ticket, but a bad attitude by a CHP officer. I have heard that CHP has a real hard time showing professional courtesy and my experience sealed it for me.
    Last edited by bluep7; 06-05-2005, 03:03 PM.

Originally posted by bluep7
    I am a police officer in California, but originally from New Jersey and I was given not only a ticket, but a bad attitude by a CHP officer. I have heard that CHP has a real hard time showing professional courtesy and my experience sealed it for me.
    Every cop is an individual. i know some street cops that would write thier own mother. With that being said, i believe that most HWY cops would write another vs a street cop to write another. It has something to do with a chip on the shoulder or this is my turf and not yours But in the mean time, if he was getting his *** kicked on the HWY and you passed by, he'd get upset
    live everyday as if it your last...because one day it will be

Comment

You get one ticket from one officer of 7000 and you throw down every one of them? That's a pretty blanket statement. In that case I would like to take this oppurtunity to throw down every sheriff dep, since once I got a ticket from one and he had a bad attitude too, so they must all be bad, right?

I've never gotten a ticket I didnt deserve from the patrol. And never been treated anything but courtsely. I can't say that for many other agencies.
      Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

Make a copies of the ticket, and the next time you stop a CHP person, write them up, and include a copy of your ticket, so they'll know who to thank.

Professional courtesy is a two-way street.
        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
          Make a copies of the ticket, and the next time you stop a CHP person, write them up, and include a copy of your ticket, so they'll know who to thank.

Professional courtesy is a two-way street.
          Ooooo, I like that idea.
          The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
          Twitter Facebook

Comment

its the highway patrol, what do you expect? theyre an entirely different breed. its like theyre ****ed about being born with small penises so now they take their anger out on the world. unfortunately, the only thing you can do is shake your head and move on.
            "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
            William Shatner

Comment

What was your VIOLATION

Firts of all be OFFICER enough to explain why you were stopped and MAYBE you crossed the line .................. There is a point where proifessional courtesy has to end....... If you were driving 10 to 15 over yes that';s a break but 30 to 50 over that's a ticket.

I can't BELIEVE nobody else has asked you this question ........

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                Firts of all be OFFICER enough to explain why you were stopped and MAYBE you crossed the line .................. There is a point where proifessional courtesy has to end....... If you were driving 10 to 15 over yes that';s a break but 30 to 50 over that's a ticket.

Because no one else is as smart as you.
                Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                  Because no one else is as smart as you.
                  I think "retired" is the only one who can rattle Bodies cage without a good verbal spar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                    Maybe it's just that most of us are secure enough in ourselves to not take someone speeding as a personal affront.....

Comment

The last time I was stopped by a State Trooper, he very grudgingly extended professional courtesy. At first he said he was going to give me a ticket, and I told him that I understood, and as he walked away with my license, he suddenly turned around, handed it back, and said, "Man, I can't get anyone to slow down!" I was 11 over, which I wouldn't ticket for, but either way, I was speeding. If another cop gives me a ticket, and I was speeding, then I guess I deserve it. Personally, I'll give another cop a break if they're less than 25 under, and even over that, I'd reduce the fine to the minimum.
                      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Maybe it was your "Jersey" attitude....come on man, who gives a rats a** what state you are from . If you deserved the ticket, suck it up and be a man and quit whining about it on here. Go complain on the Officer that write you if you feel you were bewildered in front of your Malibu g/f....man its just a ticket...is it gonna end your career?
                        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
                          Personally, I'll give another cop a break if they're less than 25 under, and even over that, I'd reduce the fine to the minimum.
                          What do you stand to gain from writing another cop a ticket at all? Who gives a rat's *** if it was 5 over or 25 over?? Cops don't write other cops.

Comment

There comes a time when you do and often have no choice. But again we have beat this issue to death over and over and over again. And this NJ guy won't come back and tell us his violation so the issue isn't worth discussing.

But if you get a ticket you deserved it so suck it up and pay it..................

I love OFFICERS who violate a law and when another officer does not "extend" professional courtesy they want to blame the guy writing the ticket ....... Best double standard I ever heard inside or outside law enforcement........

Everbody here is assuming it was for SPEEDING ..... But I don't see that in this thread anywhere.

Comment

Cops who write Cops traffic tickets are Dicks Have a nice day
                              Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3690 users online. 199 members and 3491 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X