300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Tags / Pins

Hey, guys/gals. I've been having a problem with my nametag and pins for quite some time now, and thought I'd see what kind of solutions you have reached yourselves. The nametags we have are fastened to the shirts by sticking the sharp points through the shirt and attaching a little fastener on the inside of the shirt...I have no clue how to describe it other than that! It's the standard way most pins are designed. Anyway, the backs (fasteners) keep falling off the sharp points and then my nametag falls off. It is getting frustrating. Have any of you created your own little device to hold on your nametags?

Break the eraser off a #2 pencil and use that. Works like a charm.
    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Those fastners are reffered to as "Dammits." Wonder why? What's the first thing you say when you realize one is missing?

I swear by these. They hold on until you want them off. Well worth the price.
      Still leading the team in PIMs, the fans are calling me a goon.
      --------------------
      This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

Comment

The posts that go through your shirt are supposed to have a groove cut around them that the clutch can grab onto. I suspect that groove is missing (I've had the same problem from time to time). If the groove is missing, take a pair of wire cutters, gently clamp them on the post and slowly rotate the post in the wire cutter blades. (Be careful not to cut the post off). This should cut a groove the clutch can grab onto.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
          Break the eraser off a #2 pencil and use that. Works like a charm.
          I used to work for a Lt. who'd leave his office unlocked while he was in the can...we'd go in and decapitate all his pencils while he wasn't looking.

I found these about 2 years ago. They work great.

http://www.qmuniforms.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=S10+340&Cat=

Comment

SuperSix and Groundhog both use the same backs that I use. Our local unifrom shop sells them I have been using them for quite a while and they are great. My nametag is magnetic so it isn't a problem.

Comment

I like those backs, have to try them one of these days.

Normally I use a piece of web belt that I cut to put on the inside of the shirt behind the pin/tag. This makes sure that the backs are tight and also makes it look nicer because it keeps the pin/tag tight against the shirt.

-web
              "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Thanks so much for your help, guys. I am getting ready to place an order for those backs. Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

If you work in an area where they're plentiful, I've heard the top stoppers of crack viles work wonders.... and they're free

Comment

Get a nametag that uses a magnet. That's what I use, and it has yet to fall off.
                    Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

Comment

Originally posted by ski0327
                      If you work in an area where they're plentiful, I've heard the top stoppers of crack viles work wonders.... and they're free
                      Crack viles? I haven't seen those is probably 15 years. The crack dealers around here use the tip points of sandwich baggies, it's a lot more economical. Gotta watch the overhead, right?
                      Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by sixpanel
                        Hey, guys/gals. I've been having a problem with my nametag and pins for quite some time now, and thought I'd see what kind of solutions you have reached yourselves. The nametags we have are fastened to the shirts by sticking the sharp points through the shirt and attaching a little fastener on the inside of the shirt...I have no clue how to describe it other than that! It's the standard way most pins are designed. Anyway, the backs (fasteners) keep falling off the sharp points and then my nametag falls off. It is getting frustrating. Have any of you created your own little device to hold on your nametags?

They're called "frogs." When I was with the CHP we took the small plastic covers off the striker portion of the road flares and used them on the inside of our shirts. Just push the pointed end of your name tag in. They work great.
                        "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

plastic flare cap

Comment

My name tag is a screw on, I was at a biker show and found these little backings that had an allen key set screw, and I love em. I dont lose anything now. http://www.biker-pins.com/pin-guards-guard.html These are the best. They should be sold more places.
                            "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

Pin Guards

Here is another place that I found. This one seems to be a better deal.

Here is a picture I dont know why the frik it is so big
                              "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7848 users online. 449 members and 7399 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X