300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever have this dream?

you're in a gun fight, but your finger isn't strong enough to pull the trigger? no matter how hard you pull the trigger, it won't budge?

Many years ago I did

Comment

My shooting dream involves me shooting the bad guy, but he keeps coming at me. Who the hell knows what thats about.
      "I only had a couple!"

Comment

Then I flip the safety off my 1911.
        Kelly

We are the thin blue line
        between you
        and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

I also used to many years ago. And for a while it was a knife fight where I kept trying to cut the guy to defend myself and the knife woudn't hurt him.
          Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matt. 5:9

Comment

I've had the same one as 7mm. The gun fires, but it doesn't hurt the bad guy.
            Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

I have had that dream too.
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly
                Then I flip the safety off my 1911.

Last night (no BS) had a dream, I was chasing an armed BG, I shoot him, he goes down for about five seconds and tosses a stainless steel 1911 on a nice plush grassy landing area. The BG runs away, when I get to the dropped gun it is a nearly finished in the white Caspian Recon rail 1911 that only needs Heine sights to be installed......No BS...I already know the meaning of this dream. Just got my new Caspian catalog a few days ago..freakin weird.
                Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

I've had many variations on this dream.
                  Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Sorry.......just realized I posted in a officers only therad..OOOPPPPS!

Wont happen again!

Comment

i get this dream also, it is hard to pull the trigger but when i do, it doesn't fire, i find myself saying "bang, i got you." in my dream... almost like playing cops and robbers as a kid.
                      My dad has had 2 fatal shooting so far in his career, and i have gone through it wiht him as we have always been close. now that i am on the department, i get these dreams, and have a strong feeling like i am going to be involved in a shooting someday. I really hope I dont, its just a bad feeling that leads me to have these dreams...

Comment

yep, have had it on / off for years. sometimes i can pull the trigger and it'll shoot and miss the target.
                        ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
                        -- John Wayne

Comment

I used to have that dream a lot...then it turned into really violent slow-motion type dreams where I do fire and I watch the guy get torn to shreds by the bullets. I haven't had any of those dreams lately, though, and I hope they don't come back.

Comment

sorry for posting and not being an officer but i just wanted to join in on the sharing...

few dreams ive had:

I've had the reocurring scenario of being in a fight and not being able to swing or swinging with no force behind my punch and having no effect on my target.

Few weeks ago for w/e reason I had the dream of not being able to fire my weapon. (in the dream i was a cop lol :P)

Another dream I had was that I was a cop and in a foot pursuit when I got hit by a car and my leg was pinned between the car that hit me and another car. The car that hit me backs up and I keep running after the guy...then I notice my foot is hanging from just the skin. So what do I do? I pick it up and start off hopping after the guy. Dream kind is fuzzy for the rest of w/e happend..until Im in the hospital and they tell me I can't be a cop anymore. A little after that I wake up in a cold sweat and the very first thing I do is check to make sure my foot is there and still actually functioning. Didn't sleep the rest of that night.

My dream about my foot comes directly from someting that has been bothering me for a long time. I have a great fear of the fact that I won't ever be able to become a cop due to something totally out of my control. Namely physical conditons (i have asthma and I'm really worried about that effecting my chances)

If you were to ask me about the non-firing gun. I personally would say that its a deep down fear of no matter how much training or experience you have, there will be something that is going to happen that is out of your control and turns things bad. I know I also worry about that. Mostly started after I read something in a criminal justice class about cop killers and the cops that have been killed by them. I almost fit what i guess what would be called the typical description of a cop who is killed by cop killers to an exact match.

anyways...ill stop now
                            Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
                            For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
                            Shall be my brother." - Henry V

Comment

deja vu

holy cow! I had that same dream last night. Not the first time I've had it either. I would switch hands, try using both hands, and I still couldn't shoot. Then my gun was out of ammo and all's I could find was rounds for other size handguns. The BG chased me around this large house for what seemed like hours. I woke up exhausted!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3280 users online. 200 members and 3080 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X