X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking Cruiser

We all need this toy
    http://www.project54.unh.edu/overview/demo.html
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day,that my child may have peace."
    Thomas Paine

Originally posted by empd528

I am not on the road yet, hopefully soon. But that would be nice in a high speed chase.

Great tool for law enforcement.

Comment

I'm a LEO in NH and have seen this system in action. NHSP is the guinea pig for the system and I was asking a trooper that I backed up on the highway one day about it. Its pretty cool in that it actually verbalizes the response you get back from the DMV. If the person is supended the (female) voice will say "operator ____ is currently suspended" great for when you are driving and running plates. The only isssue is getting the computer to recognize your voice, but there is a bunch of set-up tests to calibrate the computer to your particular voice. Once the bugs are worked out I think it will be a great system.

Comment

That would help out in many situations. It leaves me speechless and the flat rate helps out a hec of a lot.

Comment

The flat rate is nice...even with the financial end of it taken care of I wonder how many PDs and SOs will have to deal with the "fear of change" from the admin.

Comment

Looks nice. Our current MDT system is a big step up from the last one. It speaks back the information is a pretty clear voice, much better than the one I heard on that video. If we run a plate, it automatically reads back the year, make, and model of the vehicle and alerts if the tag is expired or stolen. Then it automatically runs the registered owner, tells us their sex, race, age, and notifys us if their license is anything other than valid. Also, it tells us the dispatch locations, cross streets, and nature of the call. MUCH better than our old system which was pretty much a DCI terminal and hard to read text.

If anybody really cares, we use OSSI for our mdt systems. http://www.ossiusa.com/Mobile.aspx

Gibbmusic
            Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

Spiffy..........I feel sorry, though for the poor s.o.b. who totals the first one where his agency spent 4 grand for it. He'll be on a foot beat forever.

Comment

Well....being employed by a NH agency....I have this in my cruiser and I love it!

The speach is nice, and you can still use the hardwired controls or touch screen for those who do not like the voice. It took a few days to get used to but now I can do just about everything hands free.

I haven't had any issues with it not knowing what I am saying...just that if I speed up my speach it tends to ask what I was asking for.

Here's my car.

Spiffy..........I feel sorry, though for the poor s.o.b. who totals the first one where his agency spent 4 grand for it. He'll be on a foot beat forever.
                One of the NHSP units did!
                Last edited by Ianscape; 04-17-2005, 02:51 PM.
                Ian MacMillan
                Nottingham, New Hampshire

Comment

One of the NHSP units did! [/QUOTE]

That would make it tough for a footbeat. I sure hope he has some good running shoes, and a pair of fast legs on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ianscape
                    Well....being employed by a NH agency....I have this in my cruiser and I love it!

The speach is nice, and you can still use the hardwired controls or touch screen for those who do not like the voice. It took a few days to get used to but now I can do just about everything hands free.

I haven't had any issues with it not knowing what I am saying...just that if I speed up my speach it tends to ask what I was asking for.

Here's my car.

One of the NHSP units did!
                    Nice looking cruiser Ianscape.
                    The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
                    Twitter Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Catman
                      Nice looking cruiser Ianscape.

Thanks! I actually wanted to change the decals on our new car. But Chief decided to keep the design we have
                      Ian MacMillan
                      Nottingham, New Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by Ianscape
                        Thanks! I actually wanted to change the decals on our new car. But Chief decided to keep the design we have
                        Why? Thats a pretty sharp car there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3409 users online. 217 members and 3192 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X