300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chief is leaving

ive worked for a man for 12 years and he:s leavin....now what?????? whats going to go on when the new guy comes into place ....i HATE CHANGE .........

Our dept is big enough (1500 officers) that we do not have any direct involvement with our chief. The only time we usually see him is on TV. I love it.
    "Support Our Troops"

Comment

unfortunately

We work in an ever changing environment. You become well versed in the laws and they change each legislature, requiring continual study. Case law changes our daily routines even if the legislature doesn't. You sound like you had a good working relationship with your chief. Give the new guy a chance, most of the time, if their worth their salt, they will ease into the leadership role, making necessary changes less painful. Won't take long to figure out which direction your department is headed in. Your new chief will most likely be looking for support and feeling the same way, knowing that he is trying to fill someone's shoes that has been there a long time. It might even be someone you already know that will try. Sometimes things NEED to be changed. Good Luck with the new boss. Let us know how it works out.
      Shane - No I didn't die at the end of the movie - and NO I won't come back.

Comment

Re: chief is leaving

Originally posted by eyerish101
        ive worked for a man for 12 years and he:s leavin....now what?????? whats going to go on when the new guy comes into place ....i HATE CHANGE .........
        Well unlike where I am at...we have a Sheriff and I was there under one who did noting for us, then the "new sheriff" came in , got a biggier budget, more cars,more pay, etc...so maybe with a new Chief he/she may be able to do things like that, etc...not that I have 12 yrs as yourself, but maybe some good will come out of it?
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Deleted my own post. I didn't realize what forum i was in. I sincerely appologize, I had no intention of stepping on anyones toes. Best of luck.
          Last edited by sureshot015; 01-28-2005, 10:31 AM.
          Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

Comment

Re: chief is leaving

Originally posted by eyerish101
            keep an open mind. change can be good. my department got an entirely new administration a couple of years ago. i have to say, it the best admin ive seen in all my years. the old admin was made up of *** kissers and affirmative action cases. when the new chief came in, all that was gone.
            "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
            William Shatner

Comment

I've had four chiefs in the last 10 years. Each one has been worse than his predecessor.

There is an old saying, "The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know".
              Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Not to put a damper on this thread...but did someone not read what topic this is under "for officers only" and you know who you are...i am not sure of the exact rules in here, but this section is specifically for LEO's so that we can state our own opinions, and or give each other advice...not take it from someone who is not even on the job yet...."sureshot"....!
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by sureshot015
                  dont call the old chief for at least 2 weeks. This will give your emotions enough time to settle down, and you'll be able to deal with the confrontation better. Right now, the chief is just stretching his wings..........if it was meant to be, he'll fly back to his pearch. Well that was the suggestion my friends gave me when my girlfriend broke off a 2 year relationship this past weekend....I'm not sure its gonna help you though. On a serious note, good luck with the new guy, I'm sure it will all work out well.
                  yea because relaionship advice really has a lot to do with career advice...

does your dept. have an appointed chief or does the chief have to move up through the ranks like every other promotion? IMO that has a lot to do with the level of respect/trust the men/women will have in the new chief at first. it's a lot different to put your trust in an appointed chief than it is to put it into a captain that has been promoted.
                  Last edited by SMPPD87; 01-28-2005, 01:55 PM.
                  -Sean

Comment

I've worked for several different Chiefs. Change isn't always a bad thing. Instead of totally dreading it, keep in mind that you have a 50/50 shot of things improving. Think positive. It won't kill you.

Comment

sincerely, I had no intention to offend anyone. My appologies.
                      Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

Comment

Never saw a Chief unless on TV and Never saw a Sheriff unless it was election time etc. We are covered by a contract that limits what a Chief / Sheriff can do and that is the way it is with almost all agencies in Ohio. If it's not covered in the contract the state has civil services rules.

Comment

You have been there 12 years why don't you apply for the chief's position?

Comment

not a politician !!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4575 users online. 290 members and 4285 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X