Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Department "Mottos"

Originally posted by SWATcop
    Many agencies use mottos such as "To serve & protect." Just wondering what your individual department mottos are. The one that I prefer is from my old department in NJ: "Service above self."
    Someone pinched that from Rotary International

My department's is "Leading the Way to a Safer Community"

They didn't appreciate my suggestion of substituting "Leading" with "Loading"

Comment

"Maintiens le droit", French for "Maintain the right", or "Maintain the law" or "Uphold the law".
      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
      "Smile" - no!

Comment

How about:

"Really, you think we care"

"Not sparing the rod"

"You think you've been a victim, wait till court"

"It's just your imagation"

"Bad cop, no donut"

"Emergency, call (#$#-*%&-&#^%) ask for operator #917, pucnch in your home phone number, wait for dail tone, enter the last four digits of your social security number, please wait, a live operator will be with you in a moment"

"Serving with Pride, Honor and Detication, how about a bigger paycheck?"
        Fear is only as deep as the mind allows

Comment

"To Patrol & Control"
          "Generations come and generations go but nothing really ever changes."

Comment

Originally posted by SaNdMaN
            And, feel lucky, there is a nearby PD with this on their cars:

"We are here to serve you"
            Do they ask their customers if they want fries with that?

"Community First" is our sappy motto. I'd rather see "Don't call if you don't want help."
            " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

"These bitches just dont know"

Comment

Licence Registration and Insurance, Meow.

Comment

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But this thread is from 15 years ago, so I don't understand why you're posting this right meow...

"We are here to serve you"
                ..with fava beans and a nice chianti.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

When I first started, someone coined an unofficial motto for a large Bay Area PD as being "In Graft We Flourish." Our brass encouraged us to keep away from any calls the locals were on for fear we would unknowingly walk into a burglary in progress the PD was committing.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

The RCMP motto is, "Maintiens le Droit", and can be translated as Maintain (or Uphold) the Right (Law). It is french, since we are an officially bi-lingual country.

The motto is part of the heraldry of our badge:
                    - top: Crown, of the style preferred by Queen Elizabeth II;
                    - below crown: a banner, with "Canada";
                    - below that banner: a oval, with "Maintiens...", which originally was a buckled belt, then simplified;
                    - within the oval: head of a bison / buffalo, recognizing the main animal of the Canadian prairies, as it was the staple of Aboriginal / Indigenous / First Nations people for meat, fur, tools (from bones);
                    - surrounding the oval: 12 maple leaves, 6 per side, representing the 10 Provinces and the original 2 Territories (Yukon and North West Territory);
                    - below the oval: a 2-fold / 3-part banner, with "Royal Canadian Mounted Police"

We now have a 3rd Territory, Nunavut, but the badge has NOT yet been amended, as we are waiting for when QE II passes the reign to Prince Charles, after which he MAY choose a different style of crown, and if so, then new crown and a 13th maple leaf, or just the leaf, will be added.
                    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                    "Smile" - no!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo View Post
                      The RCMP motto is, "Maintiens le Droit", and can be translated as Maintain (or Uphold) the Right (Law). It is french, since we are an officially bi-lingual country.
                      Why isn't the motto in French and English?

We now have a 3rd Territory, Nunavut, but the badge has NOT yet been amended, as we are waiting for when QE II passes the reign to Prince Charles, after which he MAY choose a different style of crown, and if so, then new crown and a 13th maple leaf, or just the leaf, will be added.
                      As an aside, and as an outsider, I think that's unlikely. Much more likely they'll skip Charles and go directly to William.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• PeteBroccolo
                        PeteBroccolo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Motto in french rather than both: because they did not add, "Gendarmerie Royale de Canada", as a second bottom banner to the badge, NOR even used that, nor GRC, until the early 1970s.
                        QE II to whomever: I am not a monarchist, but I am ok either way.

My lot has a motto so dull that after almost 20 years I genuinely couldn't recall it. I then looked it up and have forgotten it as I type. So I'll pretend it is "I f****** love the Police and the Police loves f******* me"
                      I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

My former department's motto was "Community Committed", selected back in the day when community-oriented policing was a big thing. One senior officer received eight hours of administrative leave for suggesting the motto.

That really worked out great because the same week he lost eight hours of annual leave for banging up a cruiser.

Life is really a big circle.
                        John from Maryland

Comment

The motto of LASD "A Tradition of Service"
                          Retired LASD

Comment

I worked a two-man unit in a gang-infested portion of a large west-coast city in the early '90s, and I had a beat partner that used to say "We don't catch the smart ones...", meaning that the ones that we caught were stupid. I always wondered how that would look as a motto painted on the sides of our marked patrol units, as they transport prisoners to jail.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5099 users online. 210 members and 4889 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X