300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE chat room?

Ive been lurking here for a few months now and have just started posting. I notice a lot of activity as well as am beginning to recognize the same names over and over.

I was just wondering if there is a LE chat room somewhere that you all visit or hang out in?

Yrch, *********.com has a chat room, but it is open to le and non le. Until recently, they had one for le only, but it wasn't used enough to justify its existence and they removed it. I don't go on it very often as I prefer to chat with those in le. Call me a snob but that's the way it is. I used to go to the le chat room often, but there wasn't enough of us. I don't know of any others. Perhaps someone here will help us both.

I apologize to the forum moderators/owners for mentioning the name of another site. If it's in the rules I forgot, but it won't happen again. Yrch, if you want the name give me your email as I probably shouldn't mention it in a PM either.
    Last edited by tan/grn; 06-30-2004, 01:00 AM.

Comment

officer.com used to have a chat room a few years ago. It was great in the beginning, but got WAY out of hand. I guess they disbanned it.

Comment

There are other officer websites, and the one I'm thinking of is probably the same as tan's. It usually has people in it. You can also use AOL chatroom's (if you have AOL) that have a few officer themed rooms that are pretty busy....but you have to put up with the lurkers and spammers that pop in from time to time

Comment

Is it true that nyc corrections has a hiring freeze and how does that effect everyone who is on the list

Comment

Originally posted by bolder2017 View Post
            Is it true that nyc corrections has a hiring freeze and how does that effect everyone who is on the list
            Is it true that only utter maroons Necropost a 15 year old thread with unrelated questions..?
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

^^^^^^^This had me rolling! Now it's time to get some lunch.

Comment

Back to the chat room question; AOL was a good suggestion. You might also try CompuServe.

If you need help, send me a pm and I can mail you a 5 1/4" floppy with more details.

Comment

• DefyOrdinary
                  DefyOrdinary commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Originally posted by RPD1112 View Post
                officer.com used to have a chat room a few years ago. It was great in the beginning, but got WAY out of hand. I guess they disbanned it.
                Yes, I recall the Officer.com Chat Room and it was very popular with members from all parts of the world.

Can any of the long time members of Officer.com remember the name of the founder of Officer.com before he sold it to Cygnus?

I think he was a serving police officer with the Boston Police.

Comment

• HI629
                  HI629 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Founder was “Frank”?

• Iowa #1603
                  Iowa #1603 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, Borelli was not the original founder

He was/is an employee of Cygnus and it's successors

Thanks Hl629 but I'm thinking his first name was James or Jim??

Comment

Originally posted by JohnKelly View Post
                  Thanks Hl629 but I'm thinking his first name was James or Jim??
                  Found it!!

James Meridith was the founder of Officer.com.

Here is a trip back in the time machine,

http://web.archive.org/web/200302031...w.officer.com/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8756 users online. 448 members and 8308 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X