300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? for the old timers

Do police officers ever find peace. Ive been an officer for ten years and i just feel like im surving but not living life.

It seems like everyone i put faith in lets me down. Thats on and off the job.

I feel like a one man army

It's a job, not a life style.... Too many people get far too caught up in this "on duty 24-7" crap and forget who they really are.

I'm not really sure what's going on for you based on the terse post, but life is life. People will let you down if you sell used cars. Go fishing, play golf, do something that's fun on your days off. All my friends were cops, but we also left the job in the locker room at the end of the day.

If you're truly feeling burn out, see a therapist. There's no shame in that. You might be suffering from some sort of depression brought on by a chemical imbalance. But I bet at the bottom of whatever is going on, being a cop is not the real problem.

Good luck.
    "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

retdetsgt.
      You seem to always have a way with words. I enjoy reading your posts.
      I agree with you most of the time. I wish there were more cops like you on my department. I hope you are having a good retirement.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
      United States Army
      5th Special Forces Group
      Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
      Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
      Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

It sounds like more then just the job. You need to talk to a professional like a therapists or even your family doctor. Your thinking is sad way to live and should be fixed with some help.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3203 users online. 166 members and 3037 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X