300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Dialouge

I'm tryin to change the norm radio dialouge at my dept, Me and another officer got "Code 4" in use and i'm tryin do find something else.

My question is, what is your radio traffic on various situations?

For intsance mine is this:
    Traffic Stop:
    "Car 3 to huntsville"..........Go Ahead....... "10-81 Tennessee Registration Charile Juliet Tango- 9..3..2.... CJT-932 here at Burger King Oneida"..........10-4....................

"3 Huntsville.....TN DL check by number.... bla bla bla"...

"3 hunstille 10-8 off 10-81"

I dont know, it may even be a silly question, but i know alot of you bigger depts have various codes and phrases you use. Let me hear'em
    Jeremy
    SCSD
    You dont have to like us, or like what we do, but when you need us, we will help you to the best of our abilites. Its just part of it.
    www.scottcosheriff.com

I am real big on the no codes plain english on the radio.
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

I'm not big on the codes, but I have worked for one dept that used codes religiously and the other hardly uses codes at all. At first it was a bit of a break from using codes, and brought some more humanity to the radio.

But now I am sick of listening to stupid comments on the radio. People taking 20 words to say what one 10 code can do.

But my pet peeve is when you run someone and the dispatcher has the return and says, "is the person nearby?". The other dept used to use a code to advise unathorized listeners present. As you are running after buddy who is wanted. Or your in a fight because buddy realizes the gig is up.

Comment

Depends on the time of day or night and the amount of air traffic. We used codes religiously during busy times when air time is precious. On late graveyard and during early morning day shift, guys tend to use more clear voice. But during the heavy air traffic times, if you get windy on the air, your gonna get some negative feedback in the locker room after shift. It's too dangerous for us to have people entralled with the sound of their own voice burning up air time.
        "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

We don't use Code 4 at my department and really wish we would. I enjoyed it when working Mpls Park. Instead, once and awhile you will hear "status" and someone yell "I'm Good!" Unprofessional to me. That and you will be going lights and siren when the emergency has alreardy stopped, get there, and then they finally tell you didn't have to go lights and siren.

K9

Comment

The cops have only had two beers too. W
            For crying out loud; speak English.

Comment

We use codes... a traffic stop would be:

Alpha 5 10-50, go ahead, 6600 block of W. Atlantic, FL tag ABC123, geen Honda, occupied four times, white male driver, I'll advise on 94 (backup). When done... would be Alpha 5, 10/98 code 40 (if you verbally warn. Code 44 if you cite.
              In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

well I take it back we do have a few codes...code 4 I am ok, 10-12 with suspect, code orange is a bank robbery
                Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

We have codes for just about everything. Burglary is still called a B&E even though I think it's a 12-23. DV is 12-27, mental case is 12-34, homicide is 55A, natural is 55D, on and on. It's possible on our radio to never use clear voice to describe any normal call or situation. But as I said, we only do that during peak radio traffic times. And we've been adding channels for years, we just can't keep up.
                  "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

21-50 (Tsssshht)

6 2 and even (Tsssshht)

Comment

We have a normal number of ten codes but we only use a fraction of them.

Traffic stop:

Me: "B105 10-59"
                      Dispatch: "B103"
                      M: "1200 W Archer St. with Oklahoma ABC123"
                      Dispatch: "Car to back."

Then another car comes on "B104"

D: "B105 B104 its 2330"

Stolen vehicle: 10-65 but not always used
                      With suspect: 10-12
                      10-90= "Are you OK?" (if from dispatch) or "Send backer" (if from officer).

Relief break: 10-49. I'm gald we have a ten code for this one. "B105 I'll be on the can for a minute.

And a few others. 10-4, 10-8, 10-6 etc....
                      Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
                        Relief break: 10-49. I'm gald we have a ten code for this one. "B105 I'll be on the can for a minute.
                        We use plain english for everything except an arrest which is reffered to as a 9300, car wash reffered to as a 9100 and we request a "code 30" for lunch. When we have to use the "can" we just say we're busy on a "personal".
                        Last edited by JB2245; 02-02-2004, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
                          We have a normal number of ten codes but we only use a fraction of them.

Traffic stop:

Me: "B105 10-59"
                          Dispatch: "B103"
                          M: "1200 W Archer St. with Oklahoma ABC123"
                          Dispatch: "Car to back."

i always like to give a brief description of the car make and color in addition to the tag number. that way, if the tag doesnt belong on that particular car and something happens to me on the stop, everybody will have a better idea of what kind of car to look for.
                          "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                          William Shatner

Comment

We have a bunch of them, but the only ones that get used with any regularity are:

02 - I'm available for Jobs.

04 - I'm eating my packed lunch.

10/8 - Request for check on the Police National Computer.

10/10 - I'm about to pass you information you probably won't want the person you're with to hear.

and the ominous 10/1 - Officer requires urgent assistance.
                            I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecruu

But my pet peeve is when you run someone and the dispatcher has the return and says, "is the person nearby?". The other dept used to use a code to advise unathorized listeners present. As you are running after buddy who is wanted. Or your in a fight because buddy realizes the gig is up.
                              Here, the dispatcher always asks, "Are you 10-61?" 10-61 means in contact or nearby.
                              "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6742 users online. 304 members and 6438 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X