300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty suspenders

Any input from anyone out there that uses duty suspenders??? Like em Hate em?

The only ones that I like are the single strap that goes from the gun side and over the opposite shoulder. They have a break away also in case someone grabs it.
    The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
    Twitter Facebook

Comment

Those suspenders are great for a Tactical Application if you don't care for a full loadbearing vest, but for daily patrol duty....I think most chiefs would rather eat a bullet than let their folks wear them! I personally think for daily duty uniform, they're ugly and unprofessional, but for a K9 or other Tactical duty situation, thumbs up!
      Fact is a function of evidence; Truth is a matter of perspective.

Comment

I used to wear suspenders. (My current duties are plainclothes.) They were part of an Uncle Mike's nylon duty belt set-up. They had two attachments to the belt at the front and one at the back. Just like regular suspenders those in suits might wear. It was the most comfortable I had ever been in uniform! Previously I wore a leather Sam Browne. Either I had the belt cranked on so tight I was always uncomfortable or I felt like my pants were falling down!

One thing though, like many Canadian police officers, I wore the suspenders under an external SBA vest. I think they would have looked pretty sloppy and presented an officer safety hazard if one was wearing an internal vest.

Comment

I have a pair of the K & W Nylon Tactical Harness that the Pierce County Washington Sheriff Department wears and I love them. Very comfortable and not bad looking if worn properly. Give me a buzz if you need some info! Be happy to help!
          Murphy's Law of Combat - 'If the enemy is in range .. So are you!'

Comment

We have one deputy who wears them in uniform. He chose the Uncle Mike's models. They have a breakaway system to prevent being tossed by them. His are Black nylon (looks kinda goofy with our brown shirts and black basket weave duty gear). He wears them due to a serious back injury suffered years ago. I asked him about them about 4 months ago, he swears he has never been more comfortable.
            Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

i wear the suspenders and they are the best thing ever. i have the unlce mikes version and they help out soooooo much....will never go without them...

Comment

Thanks for the input. I had heard that some depts. in OSHA states made it mandatory to wear them and Texas is not an OSHA state but heard the really help out... Thanks again

Comment

I know that Pierce County Deputies in Washington wear them. I am not sure if anyone on the boards is from there, but I would think that they would have a good basis for comment.

I know of one officer in the area where I work that wears them, but I think that her use was a medical need. She had her shirts tailored to allow them to fit through small slits in her shirt near her belt line. This may also prevent the rip and tear that some talk about by wearing them on the outside.

Boot
                  -- Lord Acton
                  Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely

Comment

I am a military cop and wear the BDU's. We use nylon web gear and the way we're required to wear our BDU's dont allow us to use keepers. So I wear suspenders with that uniform and love them. I'm also a reserve deputy with the local county, we wear a khaki colored uniform, and I personally think suspenders with those type of uniforms look horrible. I guess it all depends on the color and style of the uniform.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2779 users online. 181 members and 2598 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X