300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
    My latest advice, after it has hit me that I have one week left to work: DO NOT make the job your life. I made the mistake for the last 28 years of being so passionate about being a deputy that now I am having a very hard time facing the fact that in a week, life will be totally different. I do have other, passionate, activities and interests, but being so fired up all the time - by choice - about this job has a price. Your happiness and self-image NEED to come from your private life.
    This is a hard lesson for the vast majority of us ateamer. I have heard it it early on in my career and have tried to apply that to my mindset. Congratulations on your retirement and I hope you have a smooth transformation into what ever is next for you. I am about two years from that myself and still don't know what I will do next, but I aim to enjoy it as much as I do this job. I suppose that would be the advice I would hope all rookies remember throughout their career. Enjoy it. If you don't, get out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6005 users online. 197 members and 5808 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X