300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Apps

Anyone familiar with any phone apps for quick roadside reference? I downloaded an app called U.S. Cop that is pretty good, it has virtually everything it just needs a MAJOR upgrade and it's $5.99. It would be perfect if there weren't so many dead links. I wish the developers would go in and re-do it. NC has a couple just for NC guys that are decent but not great.

What I have found to be cool are CarFax for Police, NC Law, NC ASSET, U.S. Cop, and 10-21. But that's about all I could find. Even for the older guys that hate technology, I'm sure you guys would like 10-21 lol

I just wanted to pick some brains. I try to stay current.
    We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

The Emergency Response Guidebook is available for free as a phone app. You can search the HAZMAT by name or by the transport placard. You can even browse the whole guide book.
    Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

WISER is a good app and is free. Has some awesome capabilities for doing hazmat distances on top of a google map which really shows you who might be affected. I learned about this one earlier this year when I was a Fireman but I still have it on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by wcudrummer View Post
        Anyone familiar with any phone apps for quick roadside reference? I downloaded an app called U.S. Cop that is pretty good, it has virtually everything it just needs a MAJOR upgrade and it's $5.99. It would be perfect if there weren't so many dead links. I wish the developers would go in and re-do it. NC has a couple just for NC guys that are decent but not great.

What I have found to be cool are CarFax for Police, NC Law, NC ASSET, U.S. Cop, and 10-21. But that's about all I could find. Even for the older guys that hate technology, I'm sure you guys would like 10-21 lol

I just wanted to pick some brains. I try to stay current.
        I use 10-21, and it is awesome. It's a great idea and even better that it is free.

Comment

One I use with my other officers is Zello. It's essentially just a walkie-talkie app, but if one of my guys and I are set up watching an area where there are hand-to-hands, it's a good app to just say "Hey, watch that car that just pulled in." or "I'm going to pull that one, you pull the other one." etc. etc. It's not cluttering up actual radio traffic and not taking the attention of a dispatcher and it's also not keeping your buddy on speaker phone for half an hour.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9396 users online. 424 members and 8972 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X