300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely Classic

One of our detectives teaches at an academy in the metro area.

He looks out at his class today and says to himself: "That guy has a DV/ Felony Menacing warrant".

Cadet is in booking now... in his academy uniform.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

How in the hell.......?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Back in '85 there were several recruits from N. Little Rock arrested for felony FTA warrants while in the class with us. SHMH.
      Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
      In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
      Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
      Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
        How in the hell.......?
        It's part of the dope legalization laws. You get one hit...

Comment

I've heard of few getting hooked during the application process due to a warrant. Usually the only ones I've heard of getting locked up during the academy have been a few for DUI. They get their booking photo with a shiny bald head.
          Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

How in the hell.......?
            Probably an Academy at the local college. They will take anyone as long as they get their money upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
              Probably an Academy at the local college. They will take anyone as long as they get their money upfront.
              Thats something I will never understand.
              Last edited by reils49; 08-11-2016, 07:49 PM.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
                It is, the same one I attended, but apparently the warrant was recent... he got it after his background check.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                  It is, the same one I attended, but apparently the warrant was recent... he got it after his background check.
                  Wow did the Officer who was teaching have jurisdiction or did he have to call another Officer? Well that guy won't be back at the academy, he might post in "ask a cop" though.

Comment

Wow did the Officer who was teaching have jurisdiction or did he have to call another Officer?
                    Campus has it's own PD, then the Sheriff's Office of that county drove him to our county line where we got him.

Well that guy won't be back at the academy, he might post in "ask a cop" though.
                    Turns out the kid MAY not have done it. GF is wackadoodle and may have made a false report.

Hope we didn't ruin some kid's career chances because a deputy didn't investigate thoroughly.

Comment

Campus has it's own PD, then the Sheriff's Office of that county drove him to our county line where we got him.

Turns out the kid MAY not have done it. GF is wackadoodle and may have made a false report.

Hope we didn't ruin some kid's career chances because a deputy didn't investigate thoroughly.
                      Well if he didn't do anything I hope everything turns out well for him. We had a recruit at my agency get charged with a Domestic, but it ended up getting dropped, because the wife was nutty and mad at him.

Comment

Thats something I will never understand.
                        Yeah, I'm old school. You get hired by a dept and they put you through their academy.

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
                          Well if he didn't do anything I hope everything turns out well for him. We had a recruit at my agency get charged with a Domestic, but it ended up getting dropped, because the wife was nutty and mad at him.
                          Goes both ways.
                          We hired a guy, and uncovered an expunged ARSON charge. Called him in, he thought since it was expunged, blah blah blah blah blah. He claimed he took the charge for a girlfriend who set fire to a farmers hay bale or some such crap. Bosses sent it up to POST to consider a waiver, and he went before the board and was granted one.
                          A year later, he was fired for screwing a dispatcher who was married to a firefighter. The FF went out to kill him and ended up losing his job. Then our guy lied to the brass about the whole thing. A real POS.

My department will NEVER again seek a waiver for any charge.
                          SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                          SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                            Yeah, I'm old school. You get hired by a dept and they put you through their academy.
                            ...and for the majority of police departments and sheriff's offices in the country, which don't HAVE their own academy, what then?

Comment

...and for the majority of police departments and sheriff's offices in the country, which don't HAVE their own academy, what then?
                              Combine for one. Our training commission here puts on an "entry level" training academy for the smaller agencies. So you might see 6 or 7 different agencies represented in one academy for the training.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3284 users online. 179 members and 3105 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X