300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    Delzo, when you live in South Texas, where's way up north? Oklahoma?
    Hahahaha! No, when I was a pup I lived in central Misery, the show me state, so I consider anything north of Kansas City WAAAY up north!
    If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

I carry in Chicago often, only place I don't carry is at the pro stadiums. I suppose that's the reason I haven't frequented one in years. As mentioned earlier, CPD has many old guard cops. There are too many illegal guns on their streets, if they run across you, they'll be happy to help make your trip memorable. Even though I'm from a Chicago suburbs, they don't hesitate to tell me thanks for visiting the world's best city every time.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
        they don't hesitate to tell me thanks for visiting the world's best city every time.
        So we're not talking about Chicago anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan View Post
          So we're not talking about Chicago anymore?
          For all its issues, Chicago is still a great city. Has problems yes, but has amazing qualities also.

Comment

Any recent experiences checking a firearm at ORD? Looking at a trip up to Chicago for a few days off next month and figured I'd bring my Glock along. I've carried in a ton of states, though this will be the first one under LEOSA, so just want to be prepared.

I've seen the no gun signs throughout the city on various visits in the past. Assuming those all still apply under LEOSA, including the one's on the Metra? Would be riding blue line in/out of the city.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueHwk View Post
              Any recent experiences checking a firearm at ORD? Looking at a trip up to Chicago for a few days off next month and figured I'd bring my Glock along. I've carried in a ton of states, though this will be the first one under LEOSA, so just want to be prepared.

I've seen the no gun signs throughout the city on various visits in the past. Assuming those all still apply under LEOSA, including the one's on the Metra? Would be riding blue line in/out of the city.
              The only gun incident I ran into was a CPD officer who wanted to make sure I was carrying and told me not to get caught WITHOUT my piece in the city. You will encounter no trouble. Keep it concealed, carry your credentials, and ignore the signs. As far as the airports go, in some cities (like NYC) they may have your creds checked by local LE before they allow you to proceed. Have a great time!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6031 users online. 198 members and 5833 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X