300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young and Dumb

Is it me or are a lot of today's cops just young and dumb?

Please tell me it's not just me.

They want the title, they want to carry a gun they want the power, but they don't want to do the job.

They are also entitled to everything, they think.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

It's been like that for a long time and it's not limited to rookies. Twenty years ago I actually had to deal with a Sergeant who told me he should have his stripes solely to honor him for his many years of service to the department and it was absurd of me to expect him to supervise anyone or be responsible for his subordinates.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

double tappppppppp
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I had one that bid for a post that was a training post for the prison................then refused to train new staff because "I am not a supervisor"

HE was a senior officer
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

There is more entitlement expected by the new generation...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

In my last gig I worked with the biggest group of whiners, losers and entitled crybabies I had ever met. A sweet gig ruined by c**ts.

Comment

When I was in patrol I observed this, me, me, me attitude begin overwhelmingly,( it's always somewhat been around) about 4 yrs ago. If you want to take off for a holiday, in my department, it is based on seniority on each watch. Seniority is the only thing the city cant take away from us, although they are trying.

I would hear guys with less than five yrs on complain that they didn't get the 4th of July off! No $hit Sherlock! There are 100 other guys on the watch and you are number 84 in seniority.

Their response, but I put in for it 2 months before John Doe did. He only put in for the day off two weeks ago. Wah! Sniffle.

My response, John Doe put in for the day off 10yrs before you got on the job, kid.

Then there are complaints about getting details (low man on the totem pole) watch assignments and $hitty start times. I firmly believe they think somehow, everybody with more time on than them never had to deal with these things when they were new.

I blame it on their parents.
              Last edited by 143a; 02-03-2016, 03:47 PM.
              Hey man, how much the 25cent bag of Flamin' Hots cost?

Comment

It's the same thing thought of each generation by each prior generation since the invention of generations.

Comment

We have had a recent applicant inquire as to whether he could work only Monday- Friday.

SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                  SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

When I retired everyone was younger than I. Quite of a job keeping them all in line.
                    Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                    In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                    Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                    Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by 143a View Post
                      When I was in patrol I observed this, me, me, me attitude begin overwhelmingly,( it's always somewhat been around) about 4 yrs ago. If you want to take off for a holiday, in my department, it is based on seniority on each watch. Seniority is the only thing the city cant take away from us, although they are trying.

I would hear guys with less than five yrs on complain that they didn't get the 4th of July off! No $hit Sherlock! There are 100 other guys on the watch and you are number 84 in seniority.

Their response, but I put in for it 2 months before John Doe did. He only put in for the day off two weeks ago. Wah! Sniffle.

My response, John Doe put in for the day off 10yrs before you got on the job, kid.

Then there are complaints about getting details (low man on the totem pole) watch assignments and $hitty start times. I firmly believe they think somehow, everybody with more time on than them never had to deal with these things when they were new.

I blame it on their parents.
                      All of that attitude started in my agency about 1995---------------------

Comment

I think that just about every copper thinks anyone who joined after him has an attitude problem

Comment

The generation gap at play.
                          As society in general slides into the dumpster the sheepdogs also get more fleas.
                          Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                          Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

A lot of our new deputies are Hilary raised f*cks. I don't mince words and put them in check. Some unf*ck themselves, some don't. I am so looking forward to the day I retire.

Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              All of that attitude started in my agency about 1995---------------------

I would have to agree. The mid 90's was the turning point.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11769 users online. 427 members and 11342 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X