300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions?

So last night, I'm driving home from work and my fuel light comes on. I get off the parkway about a mile or so from my house, and stop into a local gas station/convenience store. It's about 8 pm, and not in a bad neighborhood or anything, in fact I frequent this place often. I walk in say hello to the husband & wife who run the store. They know me well enough, they know what I do for a living, even though I try to keep a low profile they have seen me in uniform a time or two. I go back to to the cooler, grab a cold pop and walk up the the register to pay. At this point a woman enters the store. Judging by her looks, I would say a frequent flyer with the local cops, but becuse I don't work here I can't say for sure. She cuts in front of me and starts babbling about having no money, and asking for cigarettes, beer and blunt wrappers. When the clerks told her to leave, she tried to reach over the counter and grab them.

Now at this point, Im thinking, "great, just what I want, I just spent 12 hours with these people and my wife's homemade chili is getting cold", but the look on the clerks faces was like "please don't leave us with this lunatic".

So I put my tallboy down on the coffee bar, and say "hey, GTF outta here!" Which prompts this lady to turn around, and square off on me. Now, the first thing I see is this lady is huge. Im a 6'1", 200 pounder. This chick would've cleaned my clock! I am talking Amazonian. Second, she had a beautiful metalic gold ring of spray paint around her nose and mouth. Im thinking "this huffer is going to make me late for dinner", and I'm not happy.

Her eyes are all bugged out and she says "you a cop?" And I reply "yup, now GTF outta here!" And she did.

If she wanted to roll me, it would've been bad. It also got me thinking about my normal carry for too/from work: my S&W 642. I was sure glad it was on my side. The guys make fun of my revolver, in the locker room. But at that range, drawing from under my sweatshirt..... Solid performer.

So my questions:
    1. Are people really still huffing? Really? I'm talking a 45 year old woman. Crack, heroin, Spice are all cheap here and you want to huff paint?

2. Integrity check: who is still not carrying off duty?
    Last edited by reils49; 11-13-2015, 09:02 AM.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    So last night, I'm driving home from work and my fuel light comes on. I get off the parkway about a mile or so from my house, and stop into a local gas station/convenience store. It's about 8 pm, and not in a bad neighborhood or anything, in fact I frequent this place often. I walk in say hello to the husband & wife who run the store. They know me well enough, they know what I do for a living, even though I try to keep a low profile they have seen me in uniform a time or two. I go back to to the cooler, grab a cold pop and walk up the the register to pay. At this point a woman enters the store. Judging by her looks, I would say a frequent flyer with the local cops, but becuse I don't work here I can't say for sure. She cuts in front of me and starts babbling about having no money, and asking for cigarettes, beer and blunt wrappers. When the clerks told her to leave, she tried to reach over the counter and grab them.

Now at this point, Im thinking, "great, just what I want, I just spent 12 hours with these people and my wife's homemade chili is getting cold", but the look on the clerks faces was like "please don't leave us with this lunatic".

So I put my tallboy down on the coffee bar, and say "hey, GTF outta here!" Which prompts this lady to turn around, and square off on me. Now, the first thing I see is this lady is huge. Im a 6'1", 200 pounder. This chick would've cleaned my clock! I am talking Amazonian. Second, she had a beautiful metalic gold ring of spray paint around her nose and mouth. Im thinking "this huffer is going to make me late for dinner", and I'm not happy.

Her eyes are all bugged out and she says "you a cop?" And I reply "yup, now GTF outta here!" And she did.

If she wanted to roll me, it would've been bad. It also got me thinking about my normal carry for too/from work: my S&W 642. I was sure glad it was on my side. The guys make fun of my revolver, in the locker room. But at that range, drawing from under my sweatshirt..... Solid performer.

So my questions:
    1. Are people really still huffing? Really? I'm talking a 45 year old woman. Crack, heroin, Spice are all cheap here and you want to huff paint?

2. Integrity check: who is still not carrying off duty?

1. Yep people are still huffing out my way

2. Lots of revolvers being carried off duty here
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

1. Not as prevalent here, lots of Heroin going around, tho.

2. I usually keep my piece in the truck, not on me, still haven't found the ideal way to carry.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post

2. I usually keep my piece in the truck, not on me, still haven't found the ideal way to carry.
        You better figure it out and wear that piece.

What do you have? And what kind of holster are you using?

Comment

1. Yes, all the above...

2. Revolver not so much...
          Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
          Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
          It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

Huffing isn't common, but you still run into them out here in LA

I carry everywhere.....either my SW Shield, or (in 'colder' weather..such as it exists in LA) my MP9c with a full size mag....both weapons are carried with at least one spare mag as well
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

We don't see a lot of huffing around here. Crackheads, junkies, wet-heads, coke-heads, spicers... we have 'em. This doesn't even include the drunks and potheads,........ But huffers? We don't see it much.

Comment

We don't see a lot of huffing around here. Crackheads, junkies, wet-heads, coke-heads, spicers... we have 'em. This doesn't even include the drunks and potheads,........ But huffers? We don't see it much.
                Well, even the huffers we do see, we don't see them for very long....that is more of a 'self cleaning oven' than even heroin !
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

1. Not many huffers, but when I was living around Kansas City, it was common enough I'd see a couple a week.

2. G22, FNP 40, or my commander 1911. They way I figure, if I can, then do.

Comment

If I encounter a huffer it's canned air not paint.

Comment

S+W AirLite 38/357 in an ankle holster.
                      The chili needs to go in a crockpot on warm!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
                        S+W AirLite 38/357 in an ankle holster.
                        The chili needs to go in a crockpot on warm!!
                        The crockpot is the teaching of a 20+ year man.

Comment

Up in your neck of the wood sir, graffiti isn't wasted on huffing...
                          Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
                          Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
                          It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

Originally posted by jhall View Post
                            Up in your neck of the wood sir, graffiti isn't wasted on huffing...
                            I honestly never thought of it like that.......

Comment

That's 3 questions...
                              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6461 users online. 377 members and 6084 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X