300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with this "client" BS?

Just a question to the guys. Whats up with everyone calling perps "clients?" I just don't understand it. Is it cause some touchy feely PC rulemaker decided that calling perps what they are hurt their feelings too much? Just curious.

Here,a perp is a perp is a perp. Offender,suspect,crack smokin dumb ***,all the wonderful ways to call criminals what they are. Never a client though.
    If you stare into the abyss long enough,sometimes it stares back.

They are all "suspects" to us.
    If you really want something in life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers. -- Homer Simpson

Comment

We never used the term "perp/s" at our agency, always suspect/s.
      Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
        We never used the term "perp/s" at our agency, always suspect/s.
        Same with mine. "Clients" was a tongue in cheek thing.
        "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

Must be part of an attempt to improve customer service.

Remember, the customer is always right.

All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

What I can't figure out is the whole "Actor" thing... why call them actors?
            If you really want something in life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers. -- Homer Simpson

Comment

sounds like a mental health thing.. or maybe corrections.
              Gack
              "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by GackMan
                sounds like a mental health thing.. or maybe corrections.
                Corrections call them inmates, Probation/Parole call them offenders, at least around here.

Comment

Remember, the customer is always right.
                  I don't know who you have to arrest then. For me, the customer is always wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by placa105
                    I don't know who you have to arrest then. For me, the customer is always wrong.
                    To me the customer as some call it here, is the public that we work for. We don't arrest all of the public.
                    Retired

Comment

The term "client" is, as has already been said, a tongue in cheek thing.
                      We don't use the word Perp around here either, and I didn't think it was appropriate to use the usual termanology we use for these people on this board.
                      You catch em.......... you clean em!

Comment

in New York City a PERP is a Perp! Simple! Not a suspect--anyone can be a "suspect.

My reference is strictly New york.

Comment

ummmm, we like the term "sh*tbird"....
                          surly?? screw you....

Comment

I concur with the tongue-in-cheek answer.

In reality, I usually refer to them as 'subject'.
                            Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

I tend to use "client" tongue-in-cheek, but in reality, that is the term that the RCMP uses for ANYONE we deal with - complainant, victim, witness, suspect - and extends to our own members, members of other Police Services, Law Enforcement or Public Safety Agencies.

Our members are supposed to follow the CAPRA method of "problem solving:
                              - identify the Client(s) you are dealing with;
                              - Acquire information in order to Analyze what the problem is;
                              - form Partnership(s) with others (other RCMP members, other LEA, other PSA, other governmental agencies, etc) to assist you to solve the problem;
                              - formulate and implement a Response to the problem;
                              - Assess your response in order to determine how well, or if, you solved the problem, and if necessary, repeat the above steps.
                              #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                              Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                              RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                              Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                              "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4360 users online. 291 members and 4069 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X