300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Federally Mandated Training Coming Soon

Here is a quote from our President regarding policing in America and the goals of his task force made up of police and community leaders. He adds he intends to put federal muscle behind this to make sure all department implement this training. Pretty clear he does not understand reasonable suspicion.

Glad I am retired

“Suddenly each cop, when they were about to make a traffic stop, they had to think, am I stopping this person because I should be stopping them or is some bias at work?” Obama said. “Just that kind of mindfulness about it ended up resulting in better data, better policing, more trust by the communities affected.”
    T.K.
    http://tonykoester.blogspot.com/

"Nothing can destroy a government more quickly than its failure to observe its own laws, or worse, its disregard of the charter of its own existence" (Mr. Justice Stewart, Elkins v. United States 364 U.S. 206 (1960)

sigpic

Originally posted by LawyerCop View Post
    “Suddenly each cop, when they were about to make a traffic stop, they had to think, am I stopping this person because I should be stopping them or is some bias at work?”
    Or am I stopping him for 73/45?
    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

What bias? You don't like the color of the car? I'll challenge anyone to get behind a vehicle at an average distance & tell me the race of the driver. This is the fallacy of profiling in regards to traffic stops. At best you MIGHT be able to provide a VERY broad description of a person driving a particular type of vehicle but certainly not specific enough to pinpoint race. Obama & Holder actually need to do a ride-along (like THAT'S ever going to happen!) before making such asinine statements

Comment

That's what happens when "community leader/activists" become presidents.
        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

This came from a video interview: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...d_of_time.html

Watch the whole thing.

Comment

Gee. When does the bias against cops by Obama end? He has YET to acknowledge that crime is at the root. Oh wait. That would show leadership...

Obama=Epic Fail
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
              That's what happens when "community leader/activists" become presidents.
              Or when a Muslim/communist/traitor becomes president.

Comment

he wants to put a female, former US Attorney with prior successful police officer convictions and a "focus" on corruption in as Holders replacement. Go figure.

I am sure police will be given more tools and more support to make America safe. (not)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ment/?page=all

Comment

In order to be deemed a "traitor", don't you have to be loyal to the entity st some point first?
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by satpak77 View Post
                    he wants to put a female, former US Attorney with prior successful police officer convictions and a "focus" on corruption in as Holders replacement. Go figure.

I am sure police will be given more tools and more support to make America safe. (not)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ment/?page=all
                    She's not a former anything. She's the current U.S. Attorney of New York's Eastern District.
                    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

That says it ALL...
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                        Or am I stopping him for 73/45?
                        But then, with some of the DOJ settlements out there, you won't know how to subtract.....

Comment

It is incredible how politicians that have zero experience in LE know what is best for LE.

Comment

This is really simple.....just don't stop black cars.
                            September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by LawyerCop View Post
                              Here is a quote from our President regarding policing in America and the goals of his task force made up of police and community leaders. He adds he intends to put federal muscle behind this to make sure all department implement this training. Pretty clear he does not understand reasonable suspicion.

Glad I am retired

“Suddenly each cop, when they were about to make a traffic stop, they had to think, am I stopping this person because I should be stopping them or is some bias at work?” Obama said. “Just that kind of mindfulness about it ended up resulting in better data, better policing, more trust by the communities affected.”
                              Doesn't he know that "cop" is a disrespectful term. We are Police officers. When I was a rookie I worked with an old timer who would correct anyone that referred to him as a cop. But hey let a guy who wont even address us by our proper title lecture us about respect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4328 users online. 247 members and 4081 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X