Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben from “Ben and Jerry’s” wants to sell “Hands Up Don’t Shoot” shirts in stores

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben from “Ben and Jerry’s” wants to sell “Hands Up Don’t Shoot” shirts in stores

Though the phrase has been roundly discredited from being a factual element in the police shooting of Michael Brown based on forensic evidence, Ben Cohen, of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream wants Ben and Jerry’s stores to sell t-shirts that read “HANDS UP DON’T SHOOT” as a way to help end “police oppression”. Cohen’s crusade against “police brutality” was also picked up by at least one local store, in Athens, GA, where this was posted to their Facebook page:

“Our scoop shop managers got to meet THE Ben and Jerry at the annual franchisee/manager retreat! Stay tune to see how our shop will implement Ben’s take on “hands up don’t shoot” campaign to address police brutality and empower children of color.”

Yesterday however, after a social media backlash to the co-founder’s statements, Ben and Jerry’s released this not-so-apologetic statement on their website:

“Ben & Jerry’s deeply respects and appreciates all those who protect and serve our communities. We do not subscribe to the narrative that we have to choose between black lives and blue lives. All lives matter.

There is injustice rooted in race in our society. This is an important issue and is deserving of efforts from all including businesses, organizations and individuals to further peace and understanding in our communities. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said it best: “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

While the Hands Up Don’t Shoot campaign is not being conducted by Ben & Jerry’s business, we support our cofounders as individuals and our independent franchisees to express their values and be activists in their community.”

This is the same organization that was put on a boycott list for LEOs for donating to the defense fund of convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal.

I haven't bought anything B&J since they supported Mumia (or whatever the savage's name is). Somebody should tell this moron that #Black Lives Matter...(unless killed by other blacks) is a fraud.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

May their freezers blow a circuit and may they slip in the goo.
    Screw them and their crap product. Buy local.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/us...T.nav=top-news

Comment

I despise B&J. I hope they all go bankrupt.

Comment

Fuq B & J both.

“We’ve heard speculation on cases before that didn’t turn out to be true,” Mr. Crump said. “It’s too much to put the family through to respond to every rumor.”
          Yes, they'd rather start the rumors, and they won't comment until the findings based on evidence contradict their emotionally heated position that is not supported by any fact in the known universe. Thank you for playing. And I'd bet money that the civil suit has already been written and they're just waiting to file.
          Last edited by JustAJ; 01-27-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Welp, that's it for me and mine; none of us will ever set foot in one of their ****holes again. I didn't know about the Mumia Abu-**** support, or that would have happened much sooner.

Comment

I haven't purchased their ice cream for years....a personal boycott.

Comment

Originally posted by dinosaur32 View Post
                i haven't purchased their ice cream for years....a personal boycott.
                x2
                T.K.
                http://tonykoester.blogspot.com/

"Nothing can destroy a government more quickly than its failure to observe its own laws, or worse, its disregard of the charter of its own existence" (Mr. Justice Stewart, Elkins v. United States 364 U.S. 206 (1960)

sigpic

Comment

Their ice cream stinks anyway...

Comment

what do you expect from hardcore liberal hippies?
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                      I haven't purchased their ice cream for years....a personal boycott.
                      x3

Comment

We don't have Ben & Jerry's here in the great state of Oklahoma. We have Braum's. Braums sells ice cream the way it was meant to be sold: full of deliciousness and devoid of any left-wing nonsense.
                        Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Comment

I don't buy products from companies that support cop killing savages.

REMEMBER OFFICER DANIEL FAULKNER, PHILADELPHIA PD
                          Last edited by SHU; 01-27-2015, 06:15 AM.

Comment

As I said in the other forum, there's only one B & J that matters, and it ain't Ben and Jerry.

Hands up, don't spooge!
                            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Blue Bell is 100x better anyways!
                              Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5734 users online. 337 members and 5397 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X