X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agg Assault victim while off duty

Deleted for privacy
    Last edited by BreakPoint; 01-31-2015, 01:23 PM. Reason: Delete

I have no independent recollection of the incident you describe. Do you have any empirical evidence to provide that may jog my memory so that I may assist in this important investigation?
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something, but how can you be in trouble for not reporting it to LEO if you're the victim? People decline to file reports/charges all the time.

Comment

Deleted again
        Last edited by BreakPoint; 01-31-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AppState View Post
          Maybe I'm missing something, but how can you be in trouble for not reporting it to LEO if you're the victim? People decline to file reports/charges all the time.
          You don't have a "duty to report" policy regarding LEO misconduct that you can REMEMBER?
          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by AppState View Post
            I imagine for failing to notify a supervisor about a significant violation. Are you an officer?
            Last edited by just joe; 01-20-2015, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
              You don't have a "duty to report" policy regarding LEO misconduct that you can REMEMBER?
              Not that I can remember. We have an off duty action policy, but in this case, I didn't take any action. Waiting to hear back.

Comment

Originally posted by BreakPoint View Post
                Not that I can remember. We have an off duty action policy, but in this case, I didn't take any action. Waiting to hear back.
                yep, that COULD leave a mark
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Ok. So another Officer assaulted you, an Officer, after work. You don't think that's an issue THEN and NOW?
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I wish you luck. Don't screw youself by lying.

Stay safe.

Comment

Deleted again
                      Last edited by BreakPoint; 01-31-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah. It's kind of an important reportable incident. The liability you put the dept. under is HUGE!
                        I really hope you learn something out of this...
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

At least you reported it to somebody, but I don't think anyone is going to view the union pres as a supervisor unless he also happens to be a supervisor. Still, they can't say you didn't tell anyone. Tough spot. Your friend should have been fired. At best, a suspension, significant discipline, and a fitness for duty evaluation. My advice is to tell the truth and hope for a suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                            I imagine for failing to notify a supervisor about a significant violation. Are you an officer?
                            I did, in fact, miss that it was a co-worker.

And yes, I am.

Comment

With my agency I can assure you that you would be terminated. We serve at the pleasure of the Sheriff, and he would not see any pleasure of having someone under his command who had demonstrated such a serious lack of judgement. Agg Assault is a serious issue, and your failure to report the issue placed a huge liability on your agency. Your actions put a community at risk. I don't see how any agency could justify keeping you employed.
                              In God We Trust
                              Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3159 users online. 152 members and 3007 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X