Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas - UC/unmarked cars and toll roads ?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas - UC/unmarked cars and toll roads ?

Just wondering how "this issue" is handled at your department (I am in texas). We are being told that take-home plain clothes/unmarked cars, if used on toll roads, the toll is "our responsibility" if we take a toll road while we drive to and from work.

However, I am 99% sure that LE and public safety vehicles are exempt. Our plates come back to Jose Ramirez, 123 Elm Street. NOT to the agency.

Problem is I have no human contact with toll authority folks or someone to talk to.

What are other folks doing ?

Thanks

When I was in Texas, our plate were the same way. Since they went to the all toll booth free operations, we just went through and never got billed.

Comment

if they are registered to a fictitious person as well as a fictitious address, obviously they have no way of billing you.......

Comment

Many States charge us tolls even in marked units. California,Kansas just off the top on my head even when on active duty.

Personally id say if your using it off duty on your way home just pay the toll.

Comment

So here's my question: wouldn't you pay the toll in your POV anyway?
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

In NY, unmarked cars could get non revenue EZ Passes, but fictitious registrations do not. FWIW, in either case the individual agent did not pay out of his own pocket.
            I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
              if they are registered to a fictitious person as well as a fictitious address, obviously they have no way of billing you.......
              Many agencies backstop the U/C (fictitious) stuff.
              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Just get a toll tag through your agency.
                Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

It sucks when you pull up in a marked unit and have to pay a toll sometimes. But hey if the public has to do it unless im running code i should aswell. Normally im fast enough and hit the last free exit and go around them on the service road.

Comment

When we'd roll up to a toll booth in Houston, the ladies would write our license plates down on a clipboard and then open the gate. I don't know if it was billed because we never got one or they just wanted to maintain stats. Either way, it was free to us.

Comment

I can't believe some of you guys have to pay tolls! All of our police cars are exempt even when taken home.

Comment

Which Regional Toll Authority are you under? NTTA offers a EResponder Tag in both marked and unmarked variety. PM me for the details.
                        Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

In Florida, only marked units on official business are exempt from tolls. It is not unusual for an agency to get a photo from the Turnpike Authority of one of their marked units operating outside their jurisdiction.
                          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

My cousin used to patrol the WV Turnpike for the WVSP. When he told us the uses legislature there was coming up with for the funds generated by increasing tolls I decided that I would take every opportunity I had to avoid paying tolls. Using funds to cover building and upkeep of the roads is one thing. Using them to fund the construction of a PGA caliber golf course in an area that is almost inaccessible is another.
                            In God We Trust
                            Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

One of my Constables told me once that he just registers his plate with someone (I wasn't paying attention so I don't know who) and he doesn't have to pay.

The only toll road that I'm likely to take is .... I think 130? .... going into Austin from the northwest. And I might go that way once every 5 years or so and I just stay on 183. Ain't gonna pay a toll if I can keeps from it.
                              Last edited by chapwolfe; 01-20-2015, 11:57 PM.
                              Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
                              Among Texas' finest
                              Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
                              Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
                              Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6143 users online. 351 members and 5792 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X