300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
    Put a firearm into the hands of individual officers and watch the kinds of interesting things that can happen.
    Several years ago the sarge had a hair up his *** and decided to inspect all of our weapons. It was a surprise inspection as he had all of us break our guns down right in roll call so he could see how they were carried. One of the more interesting things found was cake in a magazine. Not caking from powder residue or oil or solvent, but actual cake. Apparently this officer had been eating birthday cake and it fell down into his mag pouch and made its way into the magazine. Needless to say his gun was bone dry (albeit free of pastries) as well.

Moral of the story: Maintain your gear. Supervisors, inspect your troops' gear.
    Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
    To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
      If the "firing pin" was striking the "bullets", there's your problem. The Glock pistols use a "striker" rather than a firing pin and the "striker" is supposed to strike the "primer" of the "CARTRIDGE", which would then ignite the powder charge that burns causing hot gasses to expand and eventually force the "bullet" out of the chamber, down the barrel then out of the muzzle of the pistol barrel.

All kidding aside, I've seen a lot of stuff happen with firearms of various makes and models. Put a firearm into the hands of individual officers and watch the kinds of interesting things that can happen. This is why all of your duty firearms should be checked out by competent armorers on a regular basis.
      That's interesting, because I just looked through my Glock armorer's manual and cannot find any reference to a striker. It does show the firing pin. Perhaps Glock should be notified that they are wrong
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by UnivPD View Post
        Watched a co-workers G21 completely fail to fire on the range a few days ago. Firing pin was striking his bullets but not a single one would fire. It wasn't the bullets either, we changed them out and he tried different mags and brand ammo. Glad it was on the range and in training, smh never carrying a glock
        Worn firing pin spring? Dirty firing pin channel (usually due to not following Glock's cleaning and lubrication directions)?
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
          That's interesting, because I just looked through my Glock armorer's manual and cannot find any reference to a striker. It does show the firing pin. Perhaps Glock should be notified that they are wrong
          OK, my bad. Fixed the post for ya.
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4123 users online. 236 members and 3887 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X