X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on charges?!

http://www.lawofficer.com/article/ne...cers-charged-m
    http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s...l#.VLSxbivF-t8

Was curious if anyone else thinks it is wrong these two officers are being charged with murder. Back when it happened I thought it was going to be a clean shoot. The guy was holding two knives and not complying at all. Also a good reminder that the cameras are always on us.

WTF?!
    "Shoot him in the penis with a shotgun"??!

Based on the context and the rest of the convo it seems much more likely that he said "Shoot him with a Taser shotgun." I mean "shoot him in the penis with a shotgun" is just a really f-in weird thing to say. The audio is from a different officer's mic, so it's far from clear. But I really doubt he said he was going to shoot the guy in the penis.

I once testified in a murder trial, and the defense attorney kept rewinding and playing back an audio clip about 10 times to see if I could tell him what was said. Each time, I had to tell him "I don't know." And that was audio from my own freakin' mic. Sometimes you just can't tell what was said.

Comment

This was brought up on another website & my initial response was it was a good shoot. After watching it several times, hearing the story around it, my own opinion was that it was unjustified & sadly the officer's should be charged.

Comment

Remember guys- No MMQB'ing is our way here.
        If you were not there, then STFU.
        SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
        SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

There you go!
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I think we should wait and see what happens in court.

It is really VERY unusual for an officer to be charged --------I think the prosecutor must have some pretty good reasons to file the charges. Lets let the jury decide.

Nobody here has enough information to make those decisions
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

While I certainly agree with the "no MMQB" rule, I think when you have video it's a little hard to not at least voice an opinion. This will prove more of a nightmare than the Ferguson or Staten Island deal. And while my opinion may be unpopular, charging someone is a far cry from conviction....

Comment

I think "no MMQB" rules are stupid. Because we are all adults and if you do not like being chastise for screwing up maybe those people should be landscapers or street sweepers instead of cops.

Guess, I am the only one who gets tired of seeing dumb cops on 60 Minutes or 20/20?

Comment

Its not the principle of MMQbing just to keep from criticizing,( ie, Thin Blue Line protection), it is because I don't, you don't, and probably no one in these forums knows the whole deal inside-out.

This seems to be a recurring problem with both sides of excessive use of force cases. I for one will reserve any comments of "how it appears" because I know, as a veteran detective, that video evidence can certainly be strong, but it is often one-sided and incorrectly interpreted.
                  Because I know so little about this, other than press releases (those are always fair and accurate ), and not being involved, I say again that we should all reserve judgment.
                  As I wrote earlier, more to the point, we should STFU.
                  SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                  SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                    I think the prosecutor must have some pretty good reasons to file the charges.
                    Because politics never has anything to do with it..

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                      Because politics never has anything to do with it..
                      That can be a good reason-----------if you are political. And most proescutors are--------
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

What is the point of having a forum if we can't discuss things from both sides?
                        Geaux Tigers

Comment

I wonder how the case against the DA's son is going? I'm sure that APD's investigation of her attempting to bribe and intimidate victims of her kid's burglaries had nothing to do with her decision in this OIS.

Comment

Originally posted by elchorizo View Post
                            I wonder how the case against the DA's son is going? I'm sure that APD's investigation of her attempting to bribe and intimidate victims of her kid's burglaries had nothing to do with her decision in this OIS.

Never heard about THAT!

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop View Post
                              Never heard about THAT!
                              http://www.abqjournal.com/507403/abq...legations.html

http://krqe.com/2014/12/08/da-brande...-breaking-law/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5104 users online. 285 members and 4819 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X