300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*ckin' Neighbors

So, while I was away for the holidays, my newest neighbors called in a parking complaint on my covert car, saying it had expired tags and was parked in front of their house for several weeks and that it did not belong.

The car was parked in a visitor's spot (island) in front of the house for the 3 weeks since being reassigned. It has expired tags on it because of an issue with the bad address associated with the car. My agency showed up, and knowing it's a covert car, just told the neighbors that it's legally parked and not stolen.

Anywho, I used the covert car tonight to get groceries, was gone for 30 minutes and when I came back, two of their cars were now parked where I park my covert car...like it was done on purpose! My neighbors have only been here less than a year and I've been here for 8yrs.. never had an issue when I was driving a marked car!!

Just needed to rant.. I am SO sick of living in a townhouse!!!
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

I realize it can't be done in a lot of places, but one of my main requirements when we bought a house was off the main drag and no neighbors too close. We ended up on a dirt road with the closest neighbor being 300 yards away with woods between us. I didn't do this because of my LE position entirely, I did it because I know how many miserable people are out there and I didn't want to take a chance of having one for a neighbor. I feel for you with your situation having to live so close to Jack***es.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
      So, while I was away for the holidays, my newest neighbors called in a parking complaint on my covert car, saying it had expired tags and was parked in front of their house for several weeks and that it did not belong.

The car was parked in a visitor's spot (island) in front of the house for the 3 weeks since being reassigned. It has expired tags on it because of an issue with the bad address associated with the car. My agency showed up, and knowing it's a covert car, just told the neighbors that it's legally parked and not stolen.

Anywho, I used the covert car tonight to get groceries, was gone for 30 minutes and when I came back, two of their cars were now parked where I park my covert car...like it was done on purpose! My neighbors have only been here less than a year and I've been here for 8yrs.. never had an issue when I was driving a marked car!!

Think about it for a minute OF COURSE they aren't going to complain on a marked car

Of course they parked in that space on purpose when you moved it------------

That excuse for the expired tags sounds like a typical excuse you get from a violator------get it fixed or don't drive the car (unless it is part of the cover)

Sometimes it is great to rant...............................When I bought my acreage I didn't have a neighbor who's house I could see then a development went in across the road from me........I bought an extra 3 acres around my original place just to make sure no one could get real close
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Waiting on MVA for new stickers...bastages. Have to check with admin to see if I need to drive the other car in the meantime.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
          I realize it can't be done in a lot of places, but one of my main requirements when we bought a house was off the main drag and no neighbors too close. We ended up on a dirt road with the closest neighbor being 300 yards away with woods between us. I didn't do this because of my LE position entirely, I did it because I know how many miserable people are out there and I didn't want to take a chance of having one for a neighbor. I feel for you with your situation having to live so close to Jack***es.
          Never really thought about this, but I am now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
            Expired tags are a great cover, ****, you should put a "For Sale" sign in the window.
            ^I say this^

Depending on who you're supposed to be expired tags are almost a requirement.

Visiting my BIL in California, suspected meth house down the street had 3 cars, none with current registration... one was TWO years past.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

SmallCityCop, is the armpit of N. Maryland anywhere near my hometown of Fredneck?
              "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Nah, the other armpit, near DE and PA.
                Admin told me tags will be fixed tomorrow.
                I guess they just want to make it easier on us when we are doing surveillance so we're not getting stopped by every road officer while we're "tailing" someone or doing stake-outs. I already have a burned out tag light and a front license plate removed. Also have my scented mirror decorations.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

Im pretty sure that 90% of our Covert Cars have expired registrations or tags that dont belong on the car, thats part of the gig. If your neighbors aren't shady, why don't you tell them its a POPO car?
                  "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post

You want we should talk to them?

I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

I think a posse would be good to see in my neighborhood.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
                        If your neighbors aren't shady, why don't you tell them its a POPO car?
                        Unless I'm really comfortable with them and have known them awhile, everyone from neighbors to waiters and clerks at places I frequent all think I work for the nearest large utility. Helps to explain the income level, strange hours and shifts, and bags of gear getting move from house to car to house to garage to car etc.
                        "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Makes me sorta miss my old place I was living at. Next door neighbor was a commercial airline pilot and was never home. Across the street neighbor was a city police in the East valley. Two doors down opposite direction was another police officer working for a city up North. A county guy around the corner and behind me was a State trooper. Next door to the airline pilot was a juvenile PO. A few houses from him was a couple who both worked in corrections.

Kinda funny seeing everyone step out at once whenever their was loud suspicious noises like a car peeling out in front of our homes or firecrackers in the street, etc. Always felt safe leaving on vacation knowing I was surrounded by the Good Guys. We all kept an eye out for each other - such as true to life with our careers.

Comment

Originally posted by MCAPO View Post
                            Makes me sorta miss my old place I was living at. Next door neighbor was a commercial airline pilot and was never home. Across the street neighbor was a city police in the East valley. Two doors down opposite direction was another police officer working for a city up North. A county guy around the corner and behind me was a State trooper. Next door to the airline pilot was a juvenile PO. A few houses from him was a couple who both worked in corrections.

Kinda funny seeing everyone step out at once whenever their was loud suspicious noises like a car peeling out in front of our homes or firecrackers in the street, etc. Always felt safe leaving on vacation knowing I was surrounded by the Good Guys. We all kept an eye out for each other - such as true to life with our careers.
                            I lived in an apartment building where the "manager" was a deputy sheriff, my roommate and I were deputies, another apartment had a deputy and his brother. The building behind us had a city PD officer and a Deputy US Marshal

At one time we had 3 marked cruisers & 2 unmarked cars that parked in the lot. The city cops didn't have to patrol that area much and almost never got calls to the apt complex
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Speaking about F*ckin neighbors, on my street homes are built on 15k sq ft lots separated by a 6’ foot rear and side redwood fence. I have a two story home which overlooks my rear neighbor’s backyard yard and pool.

About a year ago a new family with two college aged twin daughters moved into the home to the rear my house. These girls’ and their 40ish mother sun bathe, swim and hot tub in the nude. During warm weather they frequently entertain other nudist having late night pool parties.

Noise is not an issue; however constantly climbing up and down a flight of stairs to my second story window exacerbates my service connected orthopedic injuries.

My question is, do I need a letter from my physician to write off an electric home stair lift?
                              Last edited by sanitizer; 01-24-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4161 users online. 265 members and 3896 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X