300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas

I want to wish all my brothers and sisters a Merry Christmas tonight. I am preparing to celebrate Christmas with my family (we celebrate on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, two different cultures), I do so with both joy and sadness in my heart.

My heart is full of joy to be with my family. Tonight I will laugh with my family, eat with my family and hold my family. I will watch the expresssion of joy in my childrens' eyes and savor it more than usual this Christmas. I will thank God more than I ever have for the blessings in my life. I will pray to him for the strength to be a good father, husband and peace officer. I will also ask him to guide me and assist me in my leadership duties to my deputies. More than ever, I will pray for goodness in my heart and to not let what is going on effect the way I serve the public.

My heart is also full of sadness. We have lost three of our brothers recently and another was almost taken from us. I am saddened by the thought of so many of our brothers' and sisters' families who must face the holidays (and life) without their loved one. My prayers are with them. My prayers are also with all my brothers and sisters who are fighting the good fight, who voluntarily face evil and who continue to follow the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.

Tonight, I will set a seat at our table and leave it empty. It will represent all my brothers and sisters who are no longer with us.

God bless all of you and stay safe.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

Merry Christmas brothers and sisters. Stay safe tonight and every night.

Comment

And may we all have a safe and happy 2015. I attended the funeral for PO Ramos in NYC this past Saturday, and was amazed at the turnout... over 25,000 officers and deputies.

I pray daily for my brothers and sisters, especially harder for those in uniform, who have become open targets simply because of that uniform. Recently being assigned to a plainclothes assignment, I look totally the opposite... unshaven, worn-out clothes, no badge or outfitted police car...it's my job to NOT look like a cop, and right now, I feel SAFER than my brothers and sisters out there in the uniform everyday. PLEASE be safe out there!!
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4241 users online. 233 members and 4008 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X