Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need your LEO input, developing curriculum on CCW encounters..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your LEO input, developing curriculum on CCW encounters..

I need the input of LEO's in a short 5 question survey to help me with developing a curriculum for Florida Officers on how to handle encounters with CCW holders who are carrying.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LEOCCWsurvey

Thank you ahead of time!!
    Police Academy Commander
    Lead Firearms Instructor
    35+ years as a cop
    Becoming a Police Officer
    So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Aren't those questions best answered by you local prosecutor and AG's offices rather than random people on the internet?

Comment

Those aren't questions for developing a curriculum, they're questions for developing an argument or lawsuit.

Asking about legal justification from officers who may not even be in Florida? That's just stupid.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

ShadowWarrior is one of those who has proven his worth on the forum. I trust him to know how to use any information he gets from us.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Survey completed.

My summary: I encounter a lot of civillians carrying concealed in Michigan. The bottom line, I'm not concerned with the "good guy" that tells me about their gun. I'm worried about the bad guy who is intent on showing me his.

Criminals don't follow the rules and they willingly break the law. I have no worry regarding a law abiding citizen, carrying a weapon legally. I just assume everyone with or without a CPL has a gun and wants to kill me. I'm prepared and ready.
          Last edited by Michigan; 12-15-2014, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            Survey completed.

My summary: I encounter a lot of civillians carrying concealed in Michigan. The bottom line, I'm not concerned with the "good guy" that tells me about their gun. I'm worried about the bad guy who is intent on showing me his.

Criminals don't follow the rules and they willingly break the law. I have no worry regarding a law abiding citizen, carrying a weapon legally. I just assume everyone with or without a CPL has a gun and wants to kill me. I'm prepared and ready.
            Pretty much my summary
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Completed the survey. Here in TN our handgun carry permit allows open or concealed carry and it isn't a mandatory inform state. So it isn't unusual to to contact people legally carrying during a traffic stop. As long as they don't try to pull theirs I won't pull mine. Handle business as normal and maybe chit chat about guns when it's over.
              Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
                Completed the survey. Here in TN our handgun carry permit allows open or concealed carry and it isn't a mandatory inform state. So it isn't unusual to to contact people legally carrying during a traffic stop. As long as they don't try to pull theirs I won't pull mine. Handle business as normal and maybe chit chat about guns when it's over.
                Pretty much the exact same law in Iowa

Comment

Are you ready for this? It took 4 years but I finally got Florida to add this stuff to the State Curriculum! Prior we did not have any Firearms laws taught in the basic curriculum. Now we have a full lesson on it.

Thanks for all the input guys and gals!
                  Police Academy Commander
                  Lead Firearms Instructor
                  35+ years as a cop
                  Becoming a Police Officer
                  So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
                    Are you ready for this? It took 4 years but I finally got Florida to add this stuff to the State Curriculum! Prior we did not have any Firearms laws taught in the basic curriculum. Now we have a full lesson on it.

Thanks for all the input guys and gals!
                    The wheels grind slowly

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6123 users online. 370 members and 5753 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X