300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not throw it out there.

Tell me I'm wrong if you must. I've retired so the only thing that concerns me is all you guys/girls get home at the end of your shift. The way things are going recently I would do my best to avoid any contact with someone who doesn't look like me(I'm white). I think that the way the public has turned on the police has created an atmosphere that makes your work very dangerous.
    Many here will tell me I'm nuts and you have to enforce the law when you see a violation I agree , if it's a crime needing action to save property or life. I'm referring to the traffic ticket or the discon type violation.
    I guess what I want to say is if you end up in a situation that can be ignored, do it
    Things have changed and we won't win. Get out when you can. It's not worth your life,career or job.

Ummmm, what?

Comment

well, even though there are credible threats from a lot of black organizations, (black panthers, black gangs, etc), against the evil whitey, cracker cop, there are also a lot of white people for whatever reason who also wish harm to white cops. Just look at the recent protests...its not all black anymore. Its a bit more pronounced and visible with recent events, but I think its always been there, maybe not to this extent and only centered towards whites, but bad people have always hated cops, no matter their color.
      As far as letting a certain color of person go by without addressing traffic violations just because of his/her color is probably not a good idea.
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ng-statistics/
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

we cant let facts get in the way of an agenda!
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

All this is going to do is eliminate proactive policing in in minority areas. It is very easy to ride around and only get involved when you have a complainant. The cops will shoo them along...they'll disappear for 15 minutes and they'll be back. If that's the policing they want I say give it to them. How soon people forget how quick things get out of control.
            Last edited by BNWS; 12-06-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Depolicing......the wave of the future brought to you by the criminal elected. Give them what they want. Take a beautiful report. Apparently in some segments of our "society" (the stupid ones), they want the antithesis of the Broken Windows theory to be applied. Of course, this is only when "they" are not the victim, because then the cops failed to protect them.
              Last edited by So Fla Cop; 12-06-2014, 08:45 PM.
              September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

That's actually racial profiling...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  That's actually racial profiling...
                  Is this a racial profile?

Racial profiling is a media propagated myth.
                  September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Really? No one ones talking about this where you guys are? We've got a hard charger right now getting jammed up because a drug dealer tried ditching his dope instead of showing his hands. Couple this with a chief who's fired more people than any other and you'll understand why a lot of us are watching our ***. Last time I checked none of us do this for free and itd be a hard thing to tell your family you got fired for a guy breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
                      Tell me I'm wrong if you must. I've retired so the only thing that concerns me is all you guys/girls get home at the end of your shift. The way things are going recently I would do my best to avoid any contact with someone who doesn't look like me(I'm white). I think that the way the public has turned on the police has created an atmosphere that makes your work very dangerous.
                      Many here will tell me I'm nuts and you have to enforce the law when you see a violation I agree , if it's a crime needing action to save property or life. I'm referring to the traffic ticket or the discon type violation.
                      I guess what I want to say is if you end up in a situation that can be ignored, do it
                      Things have changed and we won't win. Get out when you can. It's not worth your life,career or job.
                      Been retired for quite some time now & joined the Reserve Div. when I did. I fully understand the feeling, even agree up to a point as I thing "AzLaw_E" & I are in the same Dept. But it's not that easy or simple. Think back to when you first signed up---optimistic, ambitious, young & in shape. Years went by, you got burned, glossed over for promotions, re-assigned, turned down for assignments---I could go on.
                      But all that time you still did the job, even had fun, I probably raised a nice family on a (IMO) marginal salary. Tough stuff for anyone, much less a person that's always being second-guessed & often pre-judged. But I find it hard to believe that in aaallll those years you didn't go to that one call that made you feel genuinely good & needed. In that regard those that still do the job, I think, feel that way or hope for that call. IMO, THAT'S why they still do the job & still try to enjoy it-- it only takes that one call.........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3018 users online. 145 members and 2873 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X