Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL - Is your dept/agency going to use officer wearable cameras ?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL - Is your dept/agency going to use officer wearable cameras ?

Hello

In light of Ferguson, etc talk in the news, and Obama's desire to possibly partially fund officer wearable cameras, is there any rumor/talk that your department may start to use them ?

Thanks
    YES
    69.57%
    NO
    26.09%
    I DON'T KNOW
    4.35%

We already have them.

Comment

Been using them for nearly a year
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Or traffic boys wear them now. We will probably get them in the near future now.

Comment

We have worn them for years. People still question/argue/dislike the police.

Comment

Had 'em for nearly 3 years now. Love them(no sarcasm.)

Comment

Is there anything that the Federal government delivers on time and smoothly?

If they were simply to buy cameras and send them out, that would be great. But here's what they will have to do.

1 - Decide which brand to buy.
              2 - Create a position to oversee the program.
              3 - Hire staff to implement the program.
              4 - Find a suitable building to house the agency.
              5 - Get them cars, computers, furniture.
              6 - Create a ton of guidelines after months/years of debate.
              7 - Buy the cameras.
              8 - Run a test program.
              9 - Evaluate said program.
              10 - Ship the damn things out.
              11 - Mismanage the whole program.
              12 - Realize that all the THEN 'state of the art devices' are now outdated and useless.
              13 - Ask for more money to fix the problem.
              14 - Program no longer needed because poverty, crime, and violence have been eliminated due to nuclear bomb, ebola outbreak, zombie attack, or ISIS/Iran now controls U.S. and Sharia law cops just behead you for minor traffic infractions.

Did I leave anything out?
              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

And EVERYTHING is FOIA accessible for ANYONE who wants to pay. Talk about an admin nightmare. Is POTUS a going to foot the bill for the staffing costs?
                What will they do when the footage shows LAWFUL CONDUCT BY THE POLICE, AND UNLAWFUL CONDUCT BY THE MUTTS?!
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  What will they do when the footage shows LAWFUL CONDUCT BY THE POLICE, AND UNLAWFUL CONDUCT BY THE MUTTS?!

Say it was Bush's fault and discontinue the program
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

They will swear it was edited and we have had them for a couple of years now

Comment

We've had VieVu body cameras for yrs now.
                      Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Our agency wants them, have been testing a few out, but wants to hold out for ones that are integrated with a dash cam.

Comment

I voted no, but I wear one, and activate it dependent on the nature of the call.

Comment

They are trialling them down here. Haven't heard much else. We can't even roll out in car video across the fleet. They are being used in other Australian states.

Some officers fork out their own money and tax deduct it on their own camera set ups but it's very rare to see body worn cameras.

Our command are absolutely perplexed that members can buy their own car camera systems for $500 or so but when they try to tender for them the setup comes to thousands of dollars per car.

Comment

No we dont have them yet. There is not any talks of them either.

Our neighboring PD just got them. They were excited at first but that is quickly ending. They are starting to feel the micromanaging.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6581 users online. 357 members and 6224 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X