300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple LE contact?

Last night, I recovered what I'm positive is a stolen iPad. The only problem is, I don't have a victim. The serial number isn't entered stolen and the iPad has been remotely locked, so no looking through it for contact information. I scoured the Apple website trying to find a phone number, email, anything I could contact to try to get owner info, but no luck. Has anyone had any luck with Apple in a similar situation? Can someone point me in the right direction to track down any potential information Apple may have on the rightful owner? Thanks in advance.

Apple LE contact?

[email protected] is the email I used.

My exact email to them was

My name is Deputy (name) with the County Sheriff's Office in County. I recovered an Apple iPhone 4s in the course of an investigation. At this time, there has been no report filed with our office. The owner locked the phone remotely, so I am unable to find any contact information for owner. The IMEI number is 990001052735800. Is it possible for you to contact the owner to alert them that the phone has been recovered and to contact the County Sheriff's Office at , attention Dep. Name.

I found the numbers just clicking on random things in the lock screen. Look around the edges for buttons to press on any screen you can click into, and it should show you some numbers. If you still have trouble let me know, I have an iPad I could test it out on.

Edit: the victim was notified and got back to me within two weeks.
    Last edited by jfloirendo; 11-29-2014, 01:56 AM.

Comment

[email protected]

Comment

Thanks guys. I was able to locate the owner and it was indeed stolen. I have two suspects identified, it would be a slam dunk case, but of course now she doesn't want to press charges. Oh well.

Comment

This is completely different, but about 2 weeks ago, a victim told me his wife's iCloud account was being populated with hundreds of preteen girl selfies and other images a preteen would take. The victim's son had his iPod stolen at school and he happened to recognize the girl as being a student at another school. I went to the school and confronted her, getting the iPod back from her when she retuned home that day. The victim didn't want prosecution but just wanted it returned. You just have to love Apple products.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5723 users online. 323 members and 5400 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X