300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSOB for LOD death...

Somehow I'd never heard of this until today while shopping for (another) life insurance policy. The current death benefit is $300K+. Is this something you need to pay to be a part of, or if you lose your life at work, because of the traumatic and injurious event, does your family just apply for this? Are we enrolled by virtue of our profession alone?

I read some horror stories regarding the disability portion of things, but has anyone ever seen of or had any experience with this being used in a loss of life event?

I ask because if my family can get this money, I probably won't need another term life policy.

Thanks.

https://www.psob.gov/

This is "automatic" so to speak. No, the officer doesn't "pay into it"

As far as NOT having a life insurance policy -----------------try re-thinking that.

Ist of all there are many ways you could die that would not trigger the PSOB
    2nd 300K isn't all that much
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I do have two life insurance policies currently, one from employer and one I bought and pay for separately. I was going to augment them with a third, and I still may, since PSOB would only be for LOD death.

Comment

That Federal benefit for LODD has been around for many many years.... I'm surprised many officers aren't aware of it..
        Retired LASD

Comment

MOST states also have benefits for line of duty deaths

Concerns of Police Survivors has an area in their website devoted to this issue----it has the federal LODD booklet as well as a compilation of the state benifits

http://www.nationalcops.org/benefits.asp

The CURRENT FEDERAL LODD monetary payout is $333,604.68
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Here is another document from National COPS.............................. A financial diary to be filled out that gives information AND LOCATION of the documents that your survivor might need

Heck YOU might need it-------------------------when I used this for my agency to hand out to each rookie we suggested putting it in a gallon baggie and keeping it in the freezer (since a freezer will normally survive a house fire )

http://www.nationalcops.org/download...cial_diary.pdf

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4339 users online. 250 members and 4089 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X