300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leosa?

If you are covered under the leosa? Can you carry in Chicago or other non handgun locations? Just curious say if you are a federal police officer from Texas, and go to Chicago or d.c. For vacation can you carry?

Yes---------------
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/t194337/

http://forums.officer.com/t192398/

http://forums.officer.com/t190213/

http://forums.officer.com/t189608/

http://forums.officer.com/t187728/

http://forums.officer.com/t185464/

http://forums.officer.com/t184447/
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Iowa I might might that search feature out one of these days!

Comment

federal police officer from Texas
          Federal law enforcement is a little different. Their jurisdiction is the entire country and all it's territories, so LEOSA usually isn't required for them to carry off duty just about anywhere. LEOSA allows state and local officers to carry outside their state or other jurisdiction, however they don't carry as peace officers they carry as private citizens with no law enforcement authority. It's like having a CHL for that state.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

^ What he said.
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
              Federal law enforcement is a little different. Their jurisdiction is the entire country and all it's territories, so LEOSA usually isn't required for them to carry off duty just about anywhere. LEOSA allows state and local officers to carry outside their state or other jurisdiction, however they don't carry as peace officers they carry as private citizens with no law enforcement authority. It's like having a CHL for that state.
              It largely depends on the agency. Some don't allow off duty carry except under LEOSA, e.g., BOP.
              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                It largely depends on the agency. Some don't allow off duty carry except under LEOSA, e.g., BOP.
                Kinda what i was getting at! I have a friend that works for dept of treasury BEP, in Texas, so if he came to Chicago to visit it would have to be under leosa, because they turn their duty weapons in, but can carry a personal weapon concealed under leosa.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
                  Kinda what i was getting at! I have a friend that works for dept of treasury BEP, in Texas, so if he came to Chicago to visit it would have to be under leosa, because they turn their duty weapons in, but can carry a personal weapon concealed under leosa.
                  Yes, provided he meets the provisions of LEOSA.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                    Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, if you are going to a place that restricts magazine capacity, you will still be bound by that because LEOSA fails to address it so restrictions revert to the local municipality. Any restrictions on ammunition (ie- NJ being ******s that say no HPs) has been over-ruled by LEOSA.
                    That is correct. If you are carrying under LEOSA. If you are carrying in that state ON DUTY (ie and extradition) you can carry whatever---

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                      if you are going to a place that restricts magazine capacity
                      Like the great State of New York. A state that passed a law capping mag capacities at 7, even though almost no magazines hold only 7, and the initial law had no exemptions for cops. They really thought that one through.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
                        If you are covered under the leosa? Can you carry in Chicago or other non handgun locations? Just curious say if you are a federal police officer from Texas, and go to Chicago or d.c. For vacation can you carry?
                        Gunner forget Chicago and come to the west coast. Still summer t-shirt weather here and you can carry hassle free.

Comment

NYSP not enforcing 7 round limit. A Federal Judge in the Western District of New York ruled that section of the New York State Safe Act unconstitutional. As a result, the NYSP felt it would be unreasonable to enforce the ban in only the parts of the state not covered by the Western District. The case is now on appeal. Local cops, including the NYPD, are free to enforce the ban outside that District.

Comment

Conservators of the Peace can carry just on their title alone.. they need no badges or formal authority.
                            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                            that we are all that stands between
                            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6348 users online. 363 members and 5985 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X