300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help....

Edited due to good advice received. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Eleven Bravo; 11-01-2014, 09:19 AM.

Is there more to this story than you are posting? Obviously I dont know anything about you or your past agency, but i find it hard to believe that a department who knew you were dealing with stress from a critical incident would A: not offer you help through the dept. or an outside source. Then B: Not want to hire you back following your resignation. What do you mean when you say "I lost it"? Did you do a desk pop in the chief's office or something? My only guess is there is something in your background at the first department that would be a red flag. Most smaller departments would love to hire an experienced trained officer.
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Good luck.
      Last edited by allen_gamble; 11-01-2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

It seems like it may be an uphill battle to get back in. You left while you still had the department's umbrella of help or counseling. you left with a possible mental situation maybe PTSD. A department has to ensure they only hire mentally fit people so if a department thinks there may be an issue why would they even take the time or spend the money to test that person.

The questions I have are how long were you an LEO when this incident occured? And was there any other documented incidents you had or disciplinary incidents?
        Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Deleted........
          Last edited by Eleven Bravo; 10-31-2014, 07:58 PM.

Comment

My department would have sent me to a shrink on their dime, because it was work related.... by what you are saying, your department left you hanging.

I would definitely get checked for PTSD, and make note of the results for the next agency.
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eleven Bravo View Post
              JDCOP - I have 5 years experience with no other disciplinary issues. My question is this: If they are wondering about my mental state, then why don't they send me to the psychologist? Thats part of the normal hiring process for just about every department.
              But they don't have to.

The agencies you are applying to are not required to do anything other than screen your application for suitability for hire. If they find something "wrong" most agencies are going to drop the person & not spend any more time/money on that candidate----as they normally have plenty more to pick from

That sounds harsh, but when you look at the facts----------------there are most time 20-100 applicants per open spot.

Also any agency is going to look at the fact that at one time "I lost it". Red flags all over the place for the liability folks

Originally posted by Eleven Bravo View Post
              I lost control of myself for a few minutes and could not get past the dummy drag part. It was then that my department realized that I needed help. Even then, I had to find my own help.
              Hard to believe there are still agencies like that anymore-----------but I know there are

You are probably going to continue to have problems getting hired.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Sounds like an uphill battle... any agency looking at you is going to weigh the fact you left a department due to mental stress, then had a breakdown at another shortly after. The departments reviewing your background are going to have to wonder if something else may adversely effect your mental stability... with all the horrible things we are exposed to, maybe you need to rethink your career choice. Not trying to sound harsh... but that's the reality of law enforcement. Your gonna see horrible stuff and have to make tough decisions under stress... your actions could put other officers in danger as well as yourself if you "lose it" again. There is a big question mark whether this will happen again... departments are going to worry about liability.

I wish you all the best and hope you seek & get help with overcoming the trauma you were exposed to.
                Last edited by TAPnRACK; 10-31-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Why are you using a taser on a guy with a shotgun? Your firing the taser could set off the reflex to pull the trigger. If that's what happened, and it sounds like it, then you need to be speaking with a therapist before you even go near another agency.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    Why are you using a taser on a guy with a shotgun? Your firing the taser could set off the reflex to pull the trigger. If that's what happened, and it sounds like it, then you need to be speaking with a therapist before you even go near another agency.

That could be the other issue your having with getting hired.

If you would have tased him, you would have (most likely) inadvertently caused his hand to clinch... thus making him pull the trigger. You should have had your gun out in case he changed his mind and decided to end your life instead of his own.
                    Last edited by TAPnRACK; 10-31-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Deleted.......
                      Last edited by Eleven Bravo; 10-31-2014, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Right. A finger on a trigger won't fire as it's locked. BS.

How and why were you committed to using a taser on him IF you didn't know about a weapon? And why did others have their guns out? Your story is full of holes...

Whatever.

You seem to have a psych issue as you stated before and after. Based on your issues, you should consider a non LE job. I wouldn't trust you as a partner.
                        Last edited by CCCSD; 10-31-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Deleted........
                          Last edited by Eleven Bravo; 10-31-2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

You don't dictate replies. YOU put it out there. Others questioned your tale.
                            YOU have some issues that preclude you from being a good LEO.

Don't bother to pm me and call me names again either.

Comment

Ok drama queen. I'm done with this site. People like you ruin it. I never called you a name. I asked why you were acting a certain way. I was't dictating anything. No one else here is acting immature.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3949 users online. 246 members and 3703 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X