Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlisted number?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unlisted number?

    When I was in the Academy they mentioned how to get your number delisted and your information removed from the internet so it won't come up in a search.

    I've lost those notes.

    Anybody have any info?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

    "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

  • #2
    Dunno about the internet, but I pay through the nose so Verizon won't publish my number.
    Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
    Among Texas' finest
    Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
    Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
    Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

    Comment


    • #3
      http://www.privacyforcops.org/
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

      Comment


      • #4
        Get rid of your landline.

        Comment


        • #5
          And use a Post Office box or mail center for everything.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by L-1 View Post
            BINGO!

            Thanks.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

            "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SHU View Post
              Get rid of your landline.
              Thought about it, but what if cell service goes down?
              Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
              Among Texas' finest
              Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
              Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
              Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

              Comment


              • #8
                Landline just have an unlisted number. It's not hard. You can also get the phone in a fake name, if you wish.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Landline just have an unlisted number. It's not hard. You can also get the phone in a fake name, if you wish.
                  Yea, I used to have an unlisted number-------------------then every night I drove the rolling billboard home and parked it in my driveway
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                  My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I only use cell phones. No landlines.
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

                    I Am the Sheepdog.


                    "And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by chapwolfe View Post
                      Thought about it, but what if cell service goes down?
                      I have not had a landline in 13 years. Its not a problem.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My landline has always been unpublished and it shows up nowhere, and I've done the web searches that confirm that.
                        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Like CCCSD said, I got a telephone number in a different name. It is cheaper sometimes to pay a deposit (if required) instead of the monthly cost for unpublished.
                          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Made a mistake searching my name on Google this morning. My unlisted private land-line and cell phone numbers are posted on the internet along with my name, age, address, professional licenses, family members etc. Another click revealed a photo on my house and vehicles. The frustrating part is a year ago I spent considerable time and effort to remove my info. Only to have it resurface.

                            L1, any suggestions removing info on http://transparentcalifornia.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
                              Made a mistake searching my name on Google this morning. My unlisted private land-line and cell phone numbers are posted on the internet along with my name, age, address, professional licenses, family members etc. Another click revealed a photo on my house and vehicles. The frustrating part is a year ago I spent considerable time and effort to remove my info. Only to have it resurface.
                              I searched on San I. Tizer and found NOTHING
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4480 users online. 274 members and 4206 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X