300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlisted number?

When I was in the Academy they mentioned how to get your number delisted and your information removed from the internet so it won't come up in a search.

I've lost those notes.

Anybody have any info?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Dunno about the internet, but I pay through the nose so Verizon won't publish my number.
    Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
    Among Texas' finest
    Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
    Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
    Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

http://www.privacyforcops.org/
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Get rid of your landline.

Comment

And use a Post Office box or mail center for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
            BINGO!

Thanks.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
              Get rid of your landline.
              Thought about it, but what if cell service goes down?
              Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
              Among Texas' finest
              Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
              Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
              Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

Landline just have an unlisted number. It's not hard. You can also get the phone in a fake name, if you wish.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Landline just have an unlisted number. It's not hard. You can also get the phone in a fake name, if you wish.
                  Yea, I used to have an unlisted number-------------------then every night I drove the rolling billboard home and parked it in my driveway
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I only use cell phones. No landlines.
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chapwolfe View Post
                      Thought about it, but what if cell service goes down?
                      I have not had a landline in 13 years. Its not a problem.

Comment

My landline has always been unpublished and it shows up nowhere, and I've done the web searches that confirm that.
                        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Like CCCSD said, I got a telephone number in a different name. It is cheaper sometimes to pay a deposit (if required) instead of the monthly cost for unpublished.
                          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Made a mistake searching my name on Google this morning. My unlisted private land-line and cell phone numbers are posted on the internet along with my name, age, address, professional licenses, family members etc. Another click revealed a photo on my house and vehicles. The frustrating part is a year ago I spent considerable time and effort to remove my info. Only to have it resurface.

L1, any suggestions removing info on http://transparentcalifornia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
                              Made a mistake searching my name on Google this morning. My unlisted private land-line and cell phone numbers are posted on the internet along with my name, age, address, professional licenses, family members etc. Another click revealed a photo on my house and vehicles. The frustrating part is a year ago I spent considerable time and effort to remove my info. Only to have it resurface.
                              I searched on San I. Tizer and found NOTHING
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4480 users online. 274 members and 4206 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X