300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best rain gear?

I'm looking for El Niño season rain gear. For those of you unaware, that is the once-every-few-years weather system Southern Kalifornia gets that brings a lot of rain. and Mudslides.

Anyhow, the cheap vinyl crap my agency issues as rain gear is hardly worth the effort. I'm looking for reasonably priced gear that will do the job, comfortably, fit with duty gear on, and allow me to do the job (whether it's traffic collisions, perimeter standing, whatever).

Suggestions, advice, and/or insight from the brethren and sistren who work in more rain-soaked parts?

I checked West Marine and REI's websites. Right now I'm leaning toward one of these three:

Cabela's

Tingley

Grunden's
    Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 10-12-2014, 02:08 PM. Reason: adding links
    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

All of those look good to me. The below link shows what we're issued.
    http://www.neeseind.com/tuffwear275.cfm

Comment

Military "ECWCS" gear, rain shell.

eBay, surplus stores, etc.
      All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

I got one of those Galls jobbies with the pull out ID placards... warm and hasn't let me down through Hurricane/SS Sandy and the gambit of rainstorms we've had here. It has a hood that stows in the collar when not needed.

My issued Blauer really sucks... it keeps rain off of you but eventually sucks up so much rain that it gets absolutely SOAKED.

My department also issues those reversible black/neon "safety" green jobbies. They are a LOT better than the Blauer.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

There is no agency ID on it but I love the Frog Toggs and I've worn them on duty. They even have a tuck away hood that rolls up into a zipper around the collar. Light weight and very dry. I even have a set to ride the motor with.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5410 users online. 291 members and 5119 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X