X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ElDiabloJoe
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2007

Evidence supply storage ideas?

Okay, I finally got a great (i.e.- Cheap and easy) solution to storing my NIK kits and digital scale and stuff.

NOW, I need a great way to store all the different sized paper and plastic bags and envelopes, syringe tubes, seals, and stuff for regular evidence gathering. I'm looking for simple, cheap, and very easy to retrieve and replace. Right now I just have them all stuffed inside different bags and then wrapped in a huge brown paper bag folded up and secured with a rubber band. All kinds of zip ties sticking out of it, spilling, seals getting wrecked/folded/damaged, etc.

Any one come up with any great solutions? Pics would be helpful also.

Thanks!!

EDJ
    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."
  • retired
    Senior Veteran
    • Jun 2000

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe
    Okay, I finally got a great (i.e.- Cheap and easy) solution to storing my NIK kits and digital scale and stuff.

NOW, I need a great way to store all the different sized paper and plastic bags and envelopes, syringe tubes, seals, and stuff for regular evidence gathering. I'm looking for simple, cheap, and very easy to retrieve and replace. Right now I just have them all stuffed inside different bags and then wrapped in a huge brown paper bag folded up and secured with a rubber band. All kinds of zip ties sticking out of it, spilling, seals getting wrecked/folded/damaged, etc.

Any one come up with any great solutions? Pics would be helpful also.

Thanks!!

EDJ
    Yes, get promoted and you won't need that stuff.
    Retired

Comment

• just joe
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2006

Buy clear plastic totes and put labels on them. Wait a minute. Is this for station or your car? If it id for your car, buy a big tackle box or too box. Commonly used items can be kept in the tackle box and bigger or lesser used items can be kept in a plastic tote. If you can't put most of your stuff in a large tackle/tool box, you are carrying too much stuff.

Comment

• ElDiabloJoe
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2007

Retired, that was funny
        Just Joe, for the car trunk. I like the tackle box idea. I just need a slim profile. That oughta do a good job. I'll search around some.

Maybe a couple of these will slide into the ol' war bag. One for plastic bags/tubes, the other for paper?

Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 09-24-2014, 08:00 PM.
        "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

• Seventy2002
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2005

Look at places that sell craft supplies. My wife has a vast collection of pens, cutters, stencils, etc. neatly stored in plastic carriers and boxes.

6994AB-3.jpg

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18920 users online. 41 members and 18879 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...