Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Way Of Life

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Our Way Of Life

    I almost never post here even though I have been a forum member for over a decade. That said, I have also not seen a world before with as many foreign and domestic bad people trying to eliminate this country. I am aware there a lot of young cops who do not carry a gun off duty for what ever reason. The LEOSA was justified in significant part because it would allow a pool of trained officers who are armed around for the safety of our citizens. Carry off duty. Carry spare mags, knife, flashlight. Just do it. If for no other reason than the safety of your own family. Just do it.
    T.K.
    http://tonykoester.blogspot.com/

    "Nothing can destroy a government more quickly than its failure to observe its own laws, or worse, its disregard of the charter of its own existence" (Mr. Justice Stewart, Elkins v. United States 364 U.S. 206 (1960)

    sigpic

  • #2
    One of my supervisors with 29 years LE told me that the current state of affairs in this country is like nothing he's ever seen. He said people used to fight him all the time, but that was nothing compared officers being targeted the way they are now. I'm a 3 year officer, and when I hear a veteran cop say something like that, I take heed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Like it or not, we ARE being hunted right now. Even with nothing to outwardly identify ourselves off duty, it is not overly difficult to pick out the ones who are LEOs. Our behaviors are second nature to us and so ingrained that we are not even aware of them, but just as we can recognize the wolf in among the sheep, the wolf can also recognize us.

      Carry, and when you don't feel the need to carry; carry and take a back up too.
      In God We Trust
      Everyone else we run local and NCIC

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by LawyerCop View Post
        I almost never post here even though I have been a forum member for over a decade. That said, I have also not seen a world before with as many foreign and domestic bad people trying to eliminate this country. I am aware there a lot of young cops who do not carry a gun off duty for what ever reason. The LEOSA was justified in significant part because it would allow a pool of trained officers who are armed around for the safety of our citizens. Carry off duty. Carry spare mags, knife, flashlight. Just do it. If for no other reason than the safety of your own family. Just do it.

        You don't post often? Well, you post good.

        "Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."
        Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
        “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

        Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
        “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

        George Washington, (1732-1799)
        "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

        Originally posted by Country_Jim
        ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
          You don't post often? Well, you post good.

          "Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."
          Agreed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
            Like it or not, we ARE being hunted right now. Even with nothing to outwardly identify ourselves off duty, it is not overly difficult to pick out the ones who are LEOs. Our behaviors are second nature to us and so ingrained that we are not even aware of them, but just as we can recognize the wolf in among the sheep, the wolf can also recognize us.

            Carry, and when you don't feel the need to carry; carry and take a back up too.
            So True Lady Blue. One of the things I do or I will say the "mistake" I make is not turning away to some sh-- bag trying to stare me down off duty. I need to learn to do that better. Well that, and the fact we walk with our head high scanning everything over and over again. Those two things are what generally gets us "attention"
            MDRDEP:

            There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
              Like it or not, we ARE being hunted right now. Even with nothing to outwardly identify ourselves off duty, it is not overly difficult to pick out the ones who are LEOs. Our behaviors are second nature to us and so ingrained that we are not even aware of them, but just as we can recognize the wolf in among the sheep, the wolf can also recognize us.
              Only the smarter wolves. I still have moronic bad guys trying to sell drugs or stolen property to me in parking lots.

              Living close to a military base I think most people think I am on active duty. When I lived in a different part of the county people would ask how was the recruiting business especially after 9/11.

              Comment


              • #8
                I carried everywhere I legally could before I was a cop, I'm sure not changing now.
                I miss you, Dave.
                http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am guilty of not always carrying, but if I am not, there is one in the center console of my truck.
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

                  I Am the Sheepdog.


                  "And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks


                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Didn't carry before becoming an officer, but now make sure that I do 99% of the time. Guy I got hired with didn't carry for the first year we worked and I didn't understand it. Now he does but only occasionally when he is going to a "bad area", after multiple conversations with him he believes that his size and muscular build will keep him out of harms way. He does the minimum training while I spend hours

                    Everyone is gonna have a different mindset.
                    Last edited by okgr2056; 09-28-2014, 03:27 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I dont carry often off duty. The current state of things have got me re-thinking that choice. Things have taking an evil turn in my great land!

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 2322 users online. 125 members and 2197 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X