300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 man department schedule

Does anyone out there have any schedules/schedule ideas for a 3 man department?

We are a rural 4 man department (Sheriff, me-Chief Deputy, deputy, traffic deputy)
    We are loosing our traffic deputy and we do not foresee that position being filled anytime soon.
    I am trying to find a schedule that does NOT involve working us to death.
    I have some ideas but would like to see what other ideas are floating around out there.

If you do not want to post up here, my work email is: [email protected]
    Thanks
    Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

You could try a FD type shift 24 on 48 off if your call volume isn't super high and you would be allowed to sleep at the station or somewhere else until a call comes out during the night.

Comment

Sheriff: off
      Chief Deputy: on call
      You: well, you will save a lot with no mortgage.
      September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

I know of some very small agencies in Georgia that do "on-call" for morning watch. If it isn't an emergency situation, it waits until the next day. If the Sheriff is going to take calls, you could let him take calls until about 11 AM. You and the other guy could then do twelve hour shifts from say 11 AM - 11 PM. You could then pick any 12 hour shift pattern that you like.

Of course, you could tweak the hours to your call volume. The 24 HR FF Schedule would really only work if the Sheriff was willing to pull a 24 hour shift since you need three guys.
        Sign here. Press hard. You are making five copies.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
          Sheriff: off
          Chief Deputy: on call
          You: well, you will save a lot with no mortgage.
          Chris IS THE Chief Deputy

Originally posted by AtlCop View Post
          I know of some very small agencies in Georgia that do "on-call" for morning watch. If it isn't an emergency situation, it waits until the next day. If the Sheriff is going to take calls, you could let him take calls until about 11 AM. You and the other guy could then do twelve hour shifts from say 11 AM - 11 PM. You could then pick any 12 hour shift pattern that you like.

Of course, you could tweak the hours to your call volume. The 24 HR FF Schedule would really only work if the Sheriff was willing to pull a 24 hour shift since you need three guys.
          In the smaller counties/cities that have small numbers it is not unusual to have the Chief/Sheriff work a heck of a lot more than the minions ----------mostly because the Cheif/Sheriff are salaried and the officer gets OT//

We have a 10 officer department and my sheriff is on duty it seems all the time...........(he doesn't work night thou unless its an emergency )

Originally posted by Maverick1701 View Post
          Does anyone out there have any schedules/schedule ideas for a 3 man department?

We are a rural 4 man department (Sheriff, me-Chief Deputy, deputy, traffic deputy)
          We are loosing our traffic deputy and we do not foresee that position being filled anytime soon.
          I am trying to find a schedule that does NOT involve working us to death.
          I have some ideas but would like to see what other ideas are floating around out there.

If you do not want to post up here, my work email is: [email protected]
          Thanks
          Chris
          It just means each of you will be on call 24/7/365
          Most likely 12 hr shift
          Sheriff working Days
          Deputy working Nights
          Chief covering days off for each
          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 08-21-2014, 07:34 AM.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Do you intend 24 hour coverage? If so, you need to look at probably working 40+ hours a week and being on call from home at least 20 hours a week. Since on call time is restricted (you can't drink alcohol, you can't go to whatever town and go to dinner and a movie, etc., expect on call time to be subject to compensation). Do you have any special deputies? Have you given it any thought? A few good specials will be worth their weight in gold.

Comment

Luckily you are in the panhandle, so unless the cacti get juiced (pun intended) you are in pretty good shape.

Comment

That's a lot of supervision for the only deputy.

Comment

Deputies don't need Supervision directly.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

BNWS, the titles don't mean what you think they do. Sheriff offices in Texas are weird. The county has to have a Sheriff and Chief Deputy per statue.
                    Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

I understand . I was joking.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                        That's a lot of supervision for the only deputy.
                        Two bosses for every worker... sounds about normal.

Comment

Originally posted by BikeCop501 View Post
                          BNWS, the titles don't mean what you think they do. Sheriff offices in Texas are weird. The county has to have a Sheriff and Chief Deputy per statue.
                          As far as I know every Sheriff's office in the country has a Chief Deputy or an Undersheriff--------------it's who is in charge when the boss is unavailable
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                            Do you have any special deputies? Have you given it any thought? A few good specials will be worth their weight in gold.
                            Sounds like the only way to have 24 hr. on duty coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
                              Two bosses for every worker... sounds about normal.
                              Oh how true that is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9790 users online. 465 members and 9325 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X