300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field Sobriety Exercises training video

Hey guys, are any of you aware of a website or link that I can go to and get some current training videos on NHTSA field sobriety exercises. I am on field training and I don't get to go to a DUI training class until i'm off training. I have made four DUI arrests and I just want to get better at administering the FSE's.

Thnanks for any help.

I think it's fun when you pick up several officers from home, drive them in, get them drunk, use them to demonstrate FST & HGN and then drive them home. The last time we did that a number of the intox female officers started making out with each other. It was a practical, informative (and enjoyable) lesson in dealing with the erratic behavior of persons under the influence.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I reference this site a lot/
      Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

Bravo to you for seeking out this information. As a DUI officer, I'll tell you the key to getting better is getting more comfortable with them, and getting more comfortable is done through repetition. Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgWxviUYWVk
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g7vA_qlcko

Also, get into an SFST course as soon as you can, and get on the path to getting HGN certified. HGN test is an awesome tool.
        "These aren't my pants"

Comment

I know all the old NHTSA videos are on youtube. I have a disc for the newer versions but honestly I haven't had a chance this year to look at them or even assist in teaching.
          Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Watching the training videos is fine, but there is no substitute for experience. The more you have the more comfortable you will be in administering SFSTs.

We bring in some retired deputies for training purposes. I hope to NEVER see them making out.
            In God We Trust
            Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

POST learning portal. You can set up an account with your POST ID #
              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Field Sobriety Exercises? hmmm, lets see... Jumping Jacks are always a hoot. If I feel particularly mean, I have them do burpees.

Comment

Thank you for the responses!

Comment

Thank you for the responses!

Comment

As an HGN instructor I applaud you. With that said, NHTSA has recently updated the FST/HGN basic certification course with digitalized videos. The old ones....and man do I mean old ones are available. I would caution you however in trying to teach yourself any of the FSTs. It is fresh meat for any savvy defense attorney. Try to get into to an HGN course as soon as possible.
                      Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

The British DUI testing....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11...iety-test_auto
                        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6389 users online. 357 members and 6032 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X