Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you organize the trunk in your SUV?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you organize the trunk in your SUV?

I'm in a couple of part-time specialty units so I carry a lot of equipment in the trunk. Was wondering if anyone did anything creative to organize their trunk or utilize the height in their Tahoe or Ford SUV.

I have seen trunk organizers going anywhere from $500-$3k which is out of the question since my department won't pay for it.

I bought a trunk monkey for $1,800. He eats a lot of bananas but the little guy is worth it.

Comment

I bought a used kevlar trunk box that was made for the CVPI. I haven't installed it yet due to the patrol rifle rack in the way. I do have a soft nylon organizer/divider I use and keep my stuff separated. I also have a Crockett Gear trunk lid organizer and a door panel organizer.... I like to be... organized. I keep all my essentials in the soft trunk box, my ammo is in the trunk lid organizer, my tac vest and raid vest are in the side of the car next to the organizer, med kits/rescue bag are on t he other side by my fire extinquisher. Sledge hammer on one side of the spare tire shelf, bolt cutters on the other...
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I used to throw all the stuff in there real quick and try to close the door fast enough

Comment

My K-9 partner built a wooden organizer with 2 drawers that has a flat top to put the bite suit. Total cost was a couple hundred bucks and the PD paid him to make it. I'll take a pic of it and post it later today.
          Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

My (non-SUV) trunk looks like a bomb is regularly detonated in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush817 View Post
              My K-9 partner built a wooden organizer with 2 drawers that has a flat top to put the bite suit. Total cost was a couple hundred bucks and the PD paid him to make it. I'll take a pic of it and post it later today.
              Are you telling us that your dog built a wooden organizer? I'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                Are you telling us that your dog built a wooden organizer? I'm impressed.
                Either that or Rush817 is the canine.....................I would REALLy be impressed if the dog was typing that well

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                I bought a trunk monkey for $1,800. He eats a lot of bananas but the little guy is worth it.
                As an added plus ----------------when you are really bored you can "spank the monkey"
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  Either that or Rush817 is the canine.....................I would REALLy be impressed if the dog was typing that well

As an added plus ----------------when you are really bored you can "spank the monkey"
                  You're right, either way you look at it, it's impressive.

I don't need to be bored to spank thee monkey. The monkey gets spanked all the time. In fact, if you'll excuse me...

Comment

Could you? Thanks.

Comment

Today I put the creme puffs on the backseat behind me because I knew I was going to pick up a passenger

Comment

+1. I have a homemade, two-drawer box in my personal SUV and it works great. I don't even think it cost $100.00 to make. With the most expensive items being the drawer sliders. But those aren't really necessary, anyway. Here's a not-so-good photo of it. The drawer unit is actually the bottom half, where there are two drawers. The top half is a separate box of the same height, albeit with a lid. When camping, I lower the back seats, take the top box off and put it in front of the drawer unit, perpendicular to it, and it forms a nice place to roll out my sleeping pad.

Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 6.35.54 PM.jpg

I've had several different kinds of storage units in my work vehicles over the years, from Weatherguard "Packrat" units (awesome, but heavy and expensive), Truck Vaults (cheaply-made, but also expensive, ironically), to - currently - a Decked storage unit made by a company in Idaho. It tends to split the difference between expensive, tough, and light.

I've found that the cheapest way to organize an SUV truck area is with those Rubbermaid totes you can buy at Home Depot or Menard's. Two of them will usually fit side-by-side and will form a flat top on which you can stack even more stuff.
                        Last edited by GreenLine; 06-14-2014, 06:42 PM.
                        "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

storage box.jpg
                          We put Rhino Liner on it so it wouldn't get all scratched up. I've had it for 2 1/2 yrs and its held up pretty well.
                          Last edited by Rush817; 06-24-2014, 12:32 PM.
                          Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Something like this...
                            Attached Files
                            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6089 users online. 318 members and 5771 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X