• Show
Clear All

• emoney
    replied
    Another term that I believe is used is called honey oil

Leave a comment:

• BNWS
    replied
    I never heard of this stuff. Where does it come from? The ears of potheads?

Leave a comment:

• allen_gamble
    replied
    Originally posted by MosNY View Post
    in NYC we charge it with the CPCS instead of the CPM because it's concentrated THC
    Yep, for anyone in Texas.. if you run across this stuff it's a good felony arrest. A lot of the people don't know it's a felony though. They think it's just a misdemeanor like marijuana, so if you play it cool you can probably get them to admit what it is.

Here are some photos of what the stuff looks like that I've been seeing lately:

But it can look very different.

There are infinite ways to conceal it, but three times now I've run across it concealed in a little rubber ball that looks like one of those little bouncy balls you see dispensed from a vending machine. It's about the size of a gumball or a little bigger. If you kinda squeeze it, it splits in half and that's where the hash is.

So if you run across an adult that randomly has a rubber ball in his pocket, center console, etc, examine it a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• MosNY
    replied
    in NYC we charge it with the CPCS instead of the CPM because it's concentrated THC

Leave a comment:

• Southwestern cop
    replied
    Originally posted by sgt jon View Post

Depending on the production method- traditional hash will have a slight to no odor until burned.

Wax on the other hand is produced by the chemical method. It extracts the resin where the THC is concentrated.
    That explains why the wax smelled exactly like weed then.

Leave a comment:

• sgt jon
    replied
    Originally posted by Southwestern cop View Post
    I ran into it a few months ago in a college girl's purse. She had to tell me what it was to be honest, she had it in a little glass make up looking container that blended into the purse. Smelled exactly like weed when I opened it up though. The stuff I saw looked like make up too. I did a little research and in my state it falls under the marijuana statute and is a misdemeanor. I had never heard of it and no one on my shift had either. It is definitely different than hash though. The girl said it was called THC wax.
    Hash is traditionally produced using screens, through which the resin is collected from. It is then pressed into balls or blocks. Coloration of the finished product varies depending on the method used to produce it and any extra plant material that makes its way through the screens. Typically you will find it to be a light tan to dark brown.

Another method is by hand, where they will rub the plants to collect the resin on their hands and then remove it for processing- this tends to preserve the plant structure, which is left to further grow. Typically this will come out very dark.

Depending on the production method- traditional hash will have a slight to no odor until burned.

Wax on the other hand is produced by the chemical method. It extracts the resin where the THC is concentrated.

Leave a comment:

• Southwestern cop
    replied
    I ran into it a few months ago in a college girl's purse. She had to tell me what it was to be honest, she had it in a little glass make up looking container that blended into the purse. Smelled exactly like weed when I opened it up though. The stuff I saw looked like make up too. I did a little research and in my state it falls under the marijuana statute and is a misdemeanor. I had never heard of it and no one on my shift had either. It is definitely different than hash though. The girl said it was called THC wax.

Leave a comment:

• sgt jon
    replied
    Originally posted by rgv_cop View Post
    I have never heard of marijauna wax.
    It a colloquial term being used when folks homebrew "hash" or a THC concentrate using butane or chemical extraction/concentration methods as opposed to the more traditional method of THC extraction by the press or screen method.

One of the officer safety risks involves the butane method.

I will save you the drawn out How-To and say go ask the Internet or someone from your Narcotics Squad.

Leave a comment:

• rgv_cop
    replied
    I have never heard of marijauna wax.

Leave a comment:

• winn99
    replied
    Thanks for all the info guys and yes sgt jon I appreciate the clues. I read multiple articles on it last night (most were from pro-marijuana sites but they provided adequate information) and I did see the felony one for the brownies. It will be good information to go over in briefing as I think most of the guys on my shift are unfamiliar with it. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied
    Awwww man, just take the stuff from 'um then end them on their merry way. You can smoke the stuff on your down time.

Leave a comment:

• allen_gamble
    replied
    Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
    I trust you appreciated the reasoning behind my not coming out and saying X, Y or Z. I prefer to lead folks to find the answer whenever possible.

It is usually as easy as looking at the direct and derivative statutes to find what you are looking for.
    True.. but some of those definitions practically require you to have a major (or at least a minor) in chemistry to decipher. For instance, I believe this is where Hash is defined in Penalty Group 2:

Tetrahydrocannabinols, other than marihuana, and synthetic equivalents of the substances contained in the plant, or in the resinous extractives of Cannabis, or synthetic substances, derivatives, and their isomers with similar chemical structure and pharmacological activity such as:
    delta-1 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers;
    delta-6 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers;
    delta-3, 4 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and its optical isomers;
    compounds of these structures, regardless of numerical designation of atomic positions, since nomenclature of these substances is not internationally standardized;
    HOWEVER, google is your friend. You can often find things broken down into plain english by reading articles people have written about the statute.

Leave a comment:

• sgt jon
    replied
    I trust you appreciated the reasoning behind my not coming out and saying X, Y or Z. I prefer to lead folks to find the answer whenever possible.

It is usually as easy as looking at the direct and derivative statutes to find what you are looking for.

And as I trust you know- a field test kit will if used properly, show if a specific substance is present, but it is up to you to determine where on the scale the particular composition falls. i.e. enhanced penalties for say "hash/hash oil" over say regular weed, or powdered cocaine versus crack cocaine.

Another thing to look at is the production/manufacturing aspect as a growing trend is for folks to make on their own. Not only do you have a dangerous environment due to the process of manufacturing (get smart on this one) you also have a major enhancement.

If you do a little research you will see there is a recent case where someone made hash brownies and if facing felony charges. Its an interesting case in some regards, but it was has oil and he had weight.

Leave a comment:

• allen_gamble
    replied
    The other thing about hash and wax is they don't always have a distinctive smell (at least not to a human nose). It's not like weed where you can smell it from yards away. So unlike marijuana, which we can charge simply based on "training and experience," you're gonna have to get a positive test result to charge for hash/wax.

Leave a comment:

• allen_gamble
    replied
    Originally posted by winn99 View Post
    After doing some more reading I think the marijuana wax will fall under penalty group 2 and be a state jail felony if under 1 gram. The marijuana test kits should show positive when the wax is tested just like with marijuana.
    You are correct. It's charged the same as hash. It's gonna be a felony. We've been running across the wax a lot more lately.

For a pretty decent overview, check out this article in "High Times". LOL! I'm serious, if you wanna learn about weed and stoners, go straight to the source.
    http://www.hightimes.com/read/dab-or-not-dab

Wax is also gonna be called "dab" or "Butane Hash Oil (BHO)".

The problem is, sometimes it's difficult to recognize because hash and wax can look very different depending on who made it. My dept does not provide us with field test kits. But a good rule of thumb is if someone has some kind weird gunk wrapped up in a bag or foil or plastic, and they're carrying it around in their pocket or otherwise concealing it, it's probably hash or wax. One option we have is to seize it, send it to the lab for testing, and then get a warrant after the results come back.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2510 users online. 126 members and 2384 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X