300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird dreams

On the subject of cop dreams, had a new/weird one last night. (I already have the normal "cop dreams" everyone discusses.)

Anyway, the dream involved having been involved in 2 separate shootings where the suspect was killed. In the dream, I blocked out the second shooting due to mental trauma. In real life, I've been in one lethal force encounter that didn't end well for the bad guy. He had a non-traditional weapon for lack of a better term. That played a part in the dream.

The "dream shooting" that was blocked out involved a friend of the real life suspect ambushing me in revenge with a non-traditional weapon; like the weapon and circumstances in real life. I dumped the dream suspect. Next thing I know, I'm working and someone at work mentioned it and it all came back. I woke up shortly thereafter.

I was getting ready for work this morning and I recalled the dream. It was so vivid I took a couple minutes and racked my brain to make sure it wasn't real life. It was also the first time since my shooting that I have dreamed about it in any shape or form. (Been almost 3 years).

Weird how dreams can affect and impact a person.....

Originally posted by mookster View Post
    Weird how dreams can affect and impact a person.....
    I know what you mean... I always dream about all the sexy women that want me.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

The worst part about those vivid dreams is the panic when you wake up and are not sure if its real or not. I hate that!!

Comment

I know. It was bugging me and I knew there were other peeps that would understand so I shared.

And so fla cop, I know whatcha mean. Thankfully real life is gracious and the ladies come to me so I don't hafta dream like you do.

Comment

I had a dream about a shoot out and shot a partner with friendly fire. I couldn't make eye contact with that guy for a few days because I kept thinking he knew about it. I felt so guilty and it was just a dream. That was one of the strangest.

Comment

It's even worse when it's actually true.

I had a dream when I was deployed that there was a rocket attack and I had to go find my commander (who was visiting and staying in VIP quarters) to make sure my commander was okay. I woke up in the morning, made my way to the common area, and shared my dream with everyone else. They all said, "You're loony! We didn't have incoming last night!" I said, I know, but I can't shake this feeling!"

Cue my commander walking in very upset, "DID YOU HEAR THAT INCOMING LAST NIGHT?!?!? Whoops...
            "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3040 users online. 178 members and 2862 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X