300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misunderstandings..

Working an off-duty job yesterday, I rolled up to a bus stop where I saw a man consuming beer. It's a ticketable offense with a hefty fine, but I usually give people warnings unless they are a regular.

I informed this guy of the law, and in a heavy Bronx accent he said "Get tha fwauck outta here!" My hand moved to my Taser, and I was about to call for backup before I remembered that expression may have a slightly different meaning in NYC. At first, I seriously thought this guy was telling me to go pound sand. Then I realized he was just expressing disbelief that drinking at a bus stop was against the law in this city.

Cool story bro.

Comment

Had something similar a few years ago. We got called for a disturbance at a bar, and some of the people were British. A couple of the guys were dropping f-bombs every three words, and one of them also mentioned that he was really ****ed.

One of our young deputies was about to put the cuffs on him, and commented that he had a bad attitude with his f-bombs and being ****ed off. Whoa, kid, hold on..."****ed" means drunk to him, and he's working class. He doesn't even realize that he's using the f word, nor that it offends. He's actually really mellow.

Cleared with no arrests.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Australians will talk about 'those c*nts up the road' with no malice at all. They are just talking about the people up the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulgrave600 View Post
          Australians will talk about 'those c*nts up the road' with no malice at all. They are just talking about the people up the road.
          Hahahaha! Yeah, I've heard that Australians and British say c*nt just as casually as an American would say ***. But here, for some reason, people get seriously offended by the word "c*nt." I kind of think it has a nice ring to it.
          Last edited by allen_gamble; 05-23-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Comment

SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
              SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Obviously Allen and I are going to disagree on that one. :-) THAT is the one thing you can call me that will really get you on my bad side.
                In God We Trust
                Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by allen_gamble View Post
                  Hahahaha! Yeah, I've heard that Australians and British say c*nt just as casually as an American would say ***. But here, for some reason, people get seriously offended by the word "c*nt." I kind of think it has a nice ring to it.
                  It's still not a word I'd use in front of my mum but otherwise it's used pretty commonly.

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                  Obviously Allen and I are going to disagree on that one. :-) THAT is the one thing you can call me that will really get you on my bad side.
                  If it's used as an insult down here it's generally directed at males.

Comment

You shoulda grabbed a plunga
                    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                      Oh snap!
                      I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post

Comment

And you thought those cultural sensitivity classes were a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by allen_gamble View Post
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abner_Louima
                            I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

You went for you taser and were going to call for backup because someone cursed at you?
                              Originally posted by Rudy8116
                              The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
                              OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2648 users online. 140 members and 2508 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X