• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How air marshals make flying more dangerous

From a Retired Agent. Thoughts?

http://nypost.com/2014/05/04/air-mar...op-terrorists/
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Quite honestly this does not surprise me at all. From a bean counter's point of view training always seems to be a logical place to start making cuts. Unless it is your six on the line day in and day out, training to the level of proficiency that is required when the SHTF seems like a waste of resourses. While we know better, those who have no concept of what it really takes have no frame of reference to understand our point of view. After all, they go to movies and watch TV and it doesnt look that difficult to them.
    In God We Trust
    Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Errrrr, am I missing something? They sit on a god damn plane all day. Get over it and do your job like the rest of us who do much more on less sleep.

Comment

I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

It's the NY Post, why would you even bother reading it? It's a supermarket tabloid in slightly more respectable wrapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            Errrrr, am I missing something? They sit on a god damn plane all day. Get over it and do your job like the rest of us who do much more on less sleep.
            Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
            "Even if you had the day off before, you’re hanging out with your wife and family, you’re not sleeping that much".
            The problem is obvious; his family was interfering with the job.

Comment

A. It's the Post..... I bet he wrote the article and got paid for it.....

B. Retired @ 44...? 100 bucks he "retired" via quitting and moved onto other things and is using the "training" he got from them to try and make 6 figures.....

Boo-hoo..... screw him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                A. It's the Post..... I bet he wrote the article and got paid for it.....

B. Retired @ 44...? 100 bucks he "retired" via quitting and moved onto other things and is using the "training" he got from them to try and make 6 figures.....

Boo-hoo..... screw him.
                Or "retired" due to "injury"
                My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Personally, I could not stand being an air marshal. I can't think of anything more boring.
                  Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
                    Personally, I could not stand being an air marshal. I can't think of anything more boring.
                    They had to have known that going in.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                      They had to have known that going in.
                      For many it was a fast way to get into the FED......................THEN reality soaked in.

I thought about it back when they were still hijacking planes to Cuba. A friend DID enter the service back then and "advised" me to stay away

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        For many it was a fast way to get into the FED......................THEN reality soaked in.

I thought about it back when they were still hijacking planes to Cuba. A friend DID enter the service back then and "advised" me to stay away
                        I considered it after 9/11. It took me 30 minutes of research to figure out that sitting on a plane 50 hours a week wasn't for me.

Turns out that some of us 1811's got drafted into FAM duties until they could quickly hire some FT FAM's.

Comment

It was interesting that he considered 200 rounds a month to be insufficient.

We do maybe 100 rounds every six months if we 're lucky.

Originally posted by retired View Post
                          Lots of flight attendants to talk to...
                          Last edited by Mulgrave600; 05-04-2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulgrave600 View Post
                            It was interesting that he considered 200 rounds a month to be insufficient. .
                            Original intent was that the FAM's were to be the elite of the elite at close quarter shooting. This was supposed to be nearly constant range time when not in the air to "hone" their skills above and beyond ------------

Then reality set in.

Comment

That's probably the first time I read the comments on a news article and didn't become infuriated. I don't doubt that recruiters for the FAMS might exaggerate somewhat (like all recruiters), but I seriously doubt the Service is in as bad shape as the author posits.
                              John from Maryland

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3362 users online. 238 members and 3124 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X