X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tac 5.11 Uniform pants

Since I haven't started a thread in awhile, Ill go with this one,
    Who wears the BDU class B 5.11 pants?
    We do and they are fine, stretchy waistband for us older guys. Question I have is, the freakin zipper is so short that it takes me a few minutes just to get my hand in there to um, move around my underroos and vest tails to relieve myself.
    The older 5.11 pants have much more room in that department.

This is for real, anyone notice the shorter crotch-zipper on the new pants?
    I got nothing for now

Overall 5.11 clothing in general seem to have changed in either fit, dimensions or both. Pockets seem smaller, legs seem narrower, and overall not very good for the brand. I'm exploring other options, and since my Woolrich Elite uniforms are no longer available, have some challenges ahead of me.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I cannot wear my back-up gun on my boot like normal when I wear my 5.11 uniforms... The pant legs are too slim. The zippers on their cargo pockets are in a bad spot, too. Not to mention their green and tan colors are a totally different shade than every other brand!

They are too tactical for my tastes, and that's a statement coming from someone who wears a molle outer vest!

Comment

We have the 5.11 TDU's and there haven't been any issues.
        Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

I wear their TACLITE PDU Class B pant and shirts. All I have to compare to is my various military uniforms over the years, and I've only worked in the jail environment for LE, but they work well for me. Definitely prefer the twill to rip-stop.

I like all the pockets, including the "hidden" chest pockets in the shirt. A place for everything and everything in it's place.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I did notice that when they changed them. They also began fitting differently in the crotch and butt. Pretty sure I speak a little higher pitched on duty
            Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

I agree. Crotch/zipper area changed and it sits too high. I don't like that you also have to open the cargo pants pocket flap to access the pocket. The zipper on top style of the earlier pants were nice. I could leave it unzipped and access my gloves or cell phone a lot easier.
              The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

5.11 achieved its success through quality merchandise, but now, like many retailers who made top quality stuff, they are cutting corners.

Cabelas used to make a cargo pant that I liked as much as 5.11, but gradually through the years they evolved it into a rag (small fly, smaller cargo pockets, etc.).
                I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

glad its not only me.. Terry Sawchuck, the great NHL goalie was like that too. He was playing a game and got the refs to measure the goal heights for both ends of the rink based on where the 1 end crossbar touched his back compared to the other end. These def. fit tighter and are harder to 'use' I will check out the tac-lights soon.
                  I got nothing for now

Comment

glad its not only me.. Terry Sawchuck, the great NHL goalie was like that too. He was playing a game and got the refs to measure the goal heights for both ends of the rink based on where the 1 end crossbar touched his back compared to the other end. These def. fit tighter and are harder to 'use' I will check out the tac-lights soon.
                    I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
                      I agree. Crotch/zipper area changed and it sits too high. I don't like that you also have to open the cargo pants pocket flap to access the pocket. The zipper on top style of the earlier pants were nice. I could leave it unzipped and access my gloves or cell phone a lot easier.
                      This, I forgot about that... I miss my zipper
                      Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

There are several different cuts and styles of 5.11's....
                        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                          There are several different cuts and styles of 5.11's....
                          Yep, but the basic patrol cargo pants changed. For a lot of us, that's the only style our department authorizes in the 5.11 brand.
                          The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

I bought my own pants because my department doesn't care. I've tried those odd 5.11 short-crotchers and I noticed the same thing. Very weird.

I'm back in 5.11's though... the 5.11 Tac Lite Class B PDU pants. The material is like the Tac Lite Pro pants, but the styling is like the regular PDU cargo/Class B pants.

IMHO - the best popo pants I've ever had. You can order them from Gall's today with 20% off, hemming included, and free shipping. I just bought 2 more pair.
                            All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

I bought my own pants because my department doesn't care. I've tried those odd 5.11 short-crotchers and I noticed the same thing. Very weird.

I'm back in 5.11's though... the 5.11 Tac Lite Class B PDU pants. The material is like the Tac Lite Pro pants, but the styling is like the regular PDU cargo/Class B pants.

IMHO - the best popo pants I've ever had. You can order them from Gall's today with 20% off, hemming included, and free shipping. I just bought 2 more pair. I normally don't buy anything from Galls, EXCEPT for deals on uniform items like this.

Coupon Code GAACTNOW (posted on the front page of Galls)
                              http://www.galls.com/511-tactical-ta...u-class-b-pant
                              All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5317 users online. 294 members and 5023 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X