300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Racing

Yesterday afternoon 2 teenaged drivers decided to have a race on a local road which runs past my children's school and our church. Witnesses say the drivers were observed "reving" their engines at a red light. They subsequently accelerated away at a high rate of speed. When the 4 lanes conveged down to two the cars collided sending them both out of control. One vehicle struck 3 of our students who were pedestrians on the sidewalk prior to the car hitting a tree. The incident left a 16 year old student dead and a 13 year old student in critical condition. The other student got up and was able to advise responding units of what happened. The 3 teens in the cars were also injured and transported but will survive (thank God). This all happened in front of the school and has traumatized the whole community. I ask that you keep all involved in your prayers.

In 14 years of service it still affects me when there is an incident involving kid's. Maybe it's because I have children of my own. I have become used to seeing the carnage that this job throws our way, but not with the kids. Just hours after this incident an adult driver nailed a light pole and was killed on impact. It was the usual, head smashed, blood running to the ground, ect. All this while his mother was following behind him, I assume to make sure he arrived home safely. I'm pretty sure alcohol was a factor. This was taken in stride as part of the job and I lost no sleep over it.

I guess I'm just tired of the irresponsible driving behaviors I observe from the teenaged representatives of our area. I appreciate the opportunity to rant and rave.
    John 3:16

We have an industrial area in our patch and see this sort of behaviour frequently. If I catch a car in a drag racing area, even if they aren't racing I stick them on for EVERYTHING. Fail to keep left of centre of road, fail to signal, protruding limb from vehicle. Anything!

Comment

I saw that on the news. Kids will never learn.
      Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Drag racing is supposed to be done on empty country roads late at night, no risk to anyone else.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I write tickets because that is the only way children learn. I have parents call and ask for a break for their children and I refuse. Parents think their children listen to them, apprently not if they are burning rubber in the 7-11 parking lot.

In my 30+ years of experience, I can tell anyone that writing tickets reduces accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Che View Post
            I write tickets because that is the only way children learn. I have parents call and ask for a break for their children and I refuse. Parents think their children listen to them, apprently not if they are burning rubber in the 7-11 parking lot.

In my 30+ years of experience, I can tell anyone that writing tickets reduces accidents.
            I totally agree.
            John 3:16

Comment

Drag racers here are sometime 200-300+ cars that block the highway in the middle of the night and do their deed. Good luck catching or cornering any of them safely. Best tactic is just show up with lights and they disperse.
              Usually not really catching anyone, but at least preventing accidents which is still a win in my book.

Comment

We have a tendency to come across them on the weekends. If I see them I will always try to get the ones that actually raced. Cite them for every violation and write a safety equipment repair order for every thing in violation. If there is a reason for the vehicle to be towed, its gone. Same applies to the spectators involved. If the are really Adam Henrys and license is suspended, they are going to jail.

This is the only way they will learn. Last couple of years people have been killed in the area due to street racing.

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                  Drag racing is supposed to be done on empty country roads late at night, no risk to anyone else.
                  Yea thats not always the case. Eight people were killed here in the middle of the night.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021600642.html

Last edited by MDPOLICE; 01-30-2014, 06:18 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3797 users online. 237 members and 3560 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X